Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Friday, March 28, 2008

NEW SOUNDS: THE ETTES

The best part about what I do is that everyday that mailman comes to deliver music, like my own personal music service, and although I do have to suffer through some things that are less than amazing, I do get music that makes it all worth it. This is the case with yesterday's goldmine that is the new THE ETTES record, "Look At Life Again Soon". This CD rips! Top to bottom, look out, this is rock and roll in an old school sense. Based in Los Angeles, this trio is like THE RUNAWAYS meets THE KILLS, and I understand the record was done at London's Toerag Studios with producer Liam Watson (The White Stripes, The Kills). Singles "Crown Of Age" and my other favorite "I Heard Tell" are barnburners that you'll see on the Future Sounds compilation, on the radio show, and on everything we touch. I know what will be on serious rotation all weekend in this house. This one is going to turn some heads.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment