FUTURE SOUNDS 01 THE POSTAL SERVICE - SUCH GREAT HEIGHTS – GIVE UP ELECTRIC SIX - DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE – FIRE IRVING - L-O-V-E – GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL TED LEO & THE PHARMACISTS - HEARTS OF OAK – HEARTS OF OAK JOHNNY MARR & THE HEALERS - CAUGHT UP - BOOMSLANG THE LOW FLYING OWLS - WHAT MY FRIENDS SAY – DEMOS THE VOLTA SOUND - HENRI CHINASKI – THIS IS THE YIN AND YANG JOSH ROUSE – MIRACLE – UNDER COLD BLUE STARS EVENING – VIVIXC – OTHER VICTORIANS MOVING UNITS - BETWEEN US AND THEM – MOVING UNITS EP IRVING - TURN OF THE CENTURY - GOOD MORNING BEAUTIFUL OWL & THE PUSSYCAT – BLINDS - OWL & THE PUSSYCAT KATHLEEN EDWARDS - HOCKEY SKATES - FAILER LOOSE FUR - LAMINATED CAT – LOOSE FUR BAXTER DURY - BENEATH THE UNDERDOG – LEN PARROT’S MEMORIAL LIFT THE SEA AND CAKE - FOUR CORNERS – ONE BEDROOM GABOR CSUPO – SHAHAREZADE - KALMOPYRIN BONNIE 'PRINCE' BILLY - MASTER AND EVERYONE – MASTER AND EVERYONE DEVENDRA BANHART - HEY MISS CANE – OH ME OH MY….
FUTURE SOUNDS 02 THE KILLERS – ON TOP – DEMOS THE WHITE STRIPES – SEVEN NATION ARMY – ELEPHANT STEPHEN MALKMUS & THE JICKS – DARK WAVE – PIG LIB THE BRIEFS – OUTER SPACE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT YOU – OFF THE CHARTS LITTLE FUZZY – LINE ON LIFE – DEMOS JUNIOR SENIOR – MOVE YOUR FEET – D-D-DON’T DON’T STOP THE BEAT GRAVY TRAIN!!! – HELLA NERVOUS – HELLO DOCTOR SPOOTNIK – BLUEBERRY PIE – BLUEBERRY SESSIONS CAT POWER – I DON’T BLAME YOU – YOU ARE FREE EVAN DANDO – WAKING UP – BABY I’M BORED THE AISLERS SET – CATHERINE SAYS – HOW I LEARNED TO WRITE BACKWARDS THE GO-BETWEENS – CAROLINE AND I – BRIGHT YELLOW BRIGHT ORANGE GIANT VALUE – IT’S GOT THAT – WELCOME TO GIANT VALUE EVENING – DAMSTADT – DEMOS THE READ THREAD – SUBJECT TO CHANGE – AFTER THE LAST THE KILLS – GYPSY DEATH & YOU – BLACK ROOSTER EP SUPER XX MAN – AND I AGAIN – SUPER XX MAN- VOL VI THE JAYHAWKS – ALL THE RIGHT REASONS – RAINY DAY MUSIC CALEXICO – NOT EVEN STEVIE NICKS…- THE BLACK LIGHT MINUS 5 – THE OLD PLANTATION – DOWN WITH WILCO VIRGIL SHAW – STILL FALLING – STILL FALLING PEGGY HONEYWELL – KITTY PAWS – DEMOS BENT – MOONBEAMS – THE EVERLASTING BLINK SUPER XX MAN – WAITING FOR YOUR RETURN – SUPER XX MAN- VOL IV
FUTURE SOUNDS 03 STELLASTARR* - SOMEWHERE ACROSS FOREVER – SOMEWHERE ACROSS FOREVER EP THE KILLERS – SOMEBODY TOLD ME – DEMOS YEAH YEAH YEAHS – DATE WITH THE NIGHT – FEVER TO TELL THE DRAMA – KISS AND DROOL – DEMOS THE ETIQUETTE – OVER YOU – DEMOS THE ORANGES BAND – MY STREET – ALL AROUND THE THRILLS – ONE HORSE TOWN – SO MUCH FOR THE CITY THE REALISTICS – IT’S ALRIGHT, IT’S OK – GO AHEAD EP BOYSKOUT – BACK TO BED – DEMOS BLUR – ON MY WAY TO THE CLUB – THINK TANK GOLDFRAPP – TRAIN – BLACK CHERRY AUDIO BULLYS – HIT THE CEILING – EGO WAR K-OS – SUPERSTARR, PT ZERO – EXIT KINGS OF LEON – MOLLY’S CHAMBERS – HOLY ROLLER NOVACANE EP YO LA TENGO – LITTLE EYES – SUMMER SUN DAVID HOPKINS – TWIRL FOR ME – DEMOS JESSE DENATALE – TWILIGHT KING – SHANGRI-LA WEST (SMOG) – BUTTERFLIES DROWNED IN WINE – SUPPER THE STAR SPANGLERS – WHICH ONE OF THE TWO OF US – STAY AWAY FROM ME TURIN BRAKES – PAIN KILLER – ETHER MANITOBA – I’VE LIVED ON A DIRT ROAD ALL MY LIFE – UP IN FLAMES
FUTURE SOUNDS 04 MITTENS – BEZERK – THE MITTENS EP ROONEY – WHY TRY – DEMOS THE KILLERS – UNDER THE GUN – DEMOS SHED SEVEN – WHY CAN’T I BE YOU? – WHY CAN’T I BE YOU? IKARA COLT – DON’T THEY KNOW – BASIC INSTRUCTIONS EP CANOE – C’MON – I GIVE YOU CANOE STARFLYER 59 – THE LIGHTS ON – OLD THE LONG WINTERS – SCARED STRAIGHT – WHEN I PRETEND TO FALL DAVID HOPKINS – YOU’RE SOME KINDA CHRISTIAN – SING TO ME OPERATOR GRANDADDY – NOW IT’S ON – SUMDAY FILM SCHOOL – MS. CONNECTION – ALWAYSNEVER EP THE CRUSH – TIME TO BURN – THE CRUSH ED HARCOURT – WATCHING THE SUN COME UP – FROM EVERY SPHERE THE DEADLY SNAKES – EVERYBODY SEEMS TO THINK – ODE TO JOY THE LONG WINTERS – PROM NIGHT AT HATER HIGH – WHEN I PRETENT TO FALL THE FLAMING SIDEBURNS – INVISIBLE HANDS – SKY PILOTS THE NEW PORNOGRAPHERS – THE LAWS HAVE CHANGED – ELECTRIC VERSION INTERNATIONAL PONY – HANGIN’ AROUND – HANGIN’ AROUND EVOLUTION CONTROL COMMITTEE – NO TIME FOR YES – PLAGIARHYTHM NATION, VOL 2.0 SIMON – INTO THE DAZE – SIMON EELS – NUMBERED DAYS – SHOOTENANNY
FUTURE SOUNDS 05 SUNSHINE – SPIT THE SPEED – DEMOS LOW FLYING OWLS – SO GLAD – ELIXIR VITAE BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE – KC ACCIDENTAL – YOU FORGOT IT IN PEOPLE COBRA HIGH – PAPER GODS – SUNSET IN THE EYE OF THE HURRICANE THE CAESARS – JERK IT OUT – 39 MINUTES OF BLISS STEADMAN – WAVE GOODBYE – CARRIED EP TOKYO SEX DESTRUCTION – BREAK OUT TOWN – RED SOUL COMMUNNITTE LOVEDRUG – SOMETHING GOOD – DEMOS THE DRAMA – NOTHING CAN TEAR US APART – DEMOS KINESIS – BETTER THAN LIFE – WORSHIP YOURSELF BRITISH SEA POWER – REMEMBER ME – THE DECLINE OF THE BRITISH SEA POWER THE STARLIGHT MINTS – PAGES – BUILT ON SQUARES WHITEY ON THE MOON – ASK OUR NEIGHBORS – DEMOS THE EAVES – BIRD LAWYER – THE EAVES DAMIEN RICE – CANNONBALL – 0 MITTENS – SKIP IT ALL – DEMOS PATRICK PARK – DESPERATION EYES – LONELINESS KNOWS MY NAME THE TYDE – GO ASK YOUR DAD – TWICE CHRIS LEE – SAIL ON – COOL ROCK CASS MCCOMBS – I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL – A
MENTIONS: SOUNDMURDERER, PERNICE BROTHERS, MALIA, CLEM SNIDE, DEAD MEADOW, THESE ARMS ARE SNAKES, HIGH ON FIRE.
FUTURE SOUNDS 06 BLACK REBEL MOTORCYCLE CLUB – STOP – TAKE THEM ON, ON YOUR OWN THE KILLERS – MR BRIGHTSIDE – MR BRIGHTSIDE SINGLE UK THE STILLS – STILL IN LOVE SONG – REMEMBERSESE SUPER FURRY ANIMALS – OUT OF CONTROL – PHANTOM POWER ROCKET SCIENCE – BEING FOLLOWED – BEING FOLLOWED CD SINGLE MARTINA TOPLEY-BIRD – TOO TOUGH TO DIE – QUIXOTIC DIZZEE RASCAL – FIX UP, LOOK SMART – BOY IN DA CORNER THE CORAL – IN THE FOREST – MAGIC AND MEDICINE DAVID HOPKINS – ONE DARK MORNING – DEMOS THE DARKNESS – I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE – PERMISSION TO LAND THE AKTION – SOMETIMES – DEMOS THE COUNT ME OUTS – GRECIAN – DEMOS THE ELECTRIC EYE – LIVE FOR THE POWER – ELECTRIC WISDOM THE BLACK-EYED SNAKES – FORESIGHT – RISE UP PRETTY GIRLS MAKE GRAVES – THIS IS OUR EMERGENCY – NEW ROMANCE THRICE – ALL THAT’S LEFT – THE ARTIST IN THE AMBULANCE ALPHATIDE – BETTER THAN A MEMORY – EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN THE NEW TRUST – I’M A SUCKER FOR BACKWARDS DRUMS – WE ARE FAST MOVING MOTHER FUCKERS..EP MY MORNING JACKET – MAHGEETAH – IT STILL MOVES DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE – TRANSATLANTICISM – TRANSATLANTICISM
MENTIONS: TIME IN MALTA, YEAR OF THE RABBIT, SPIRITUALIZEDD, KINGS OF LEON, JUNIOR SENIOR, AN ALBATROSS, COLDER, THE HISS, RICHARD HAWLEY, THE LOVEMAKERS.
FUTURE SOUNDS 07 JET – ARE YOU GONNA BE MY GIRL – GET BORN SPIRITUALIZED – NEVER GOIN’ BACK – AMAZING GRACE SINGAPORE SLING – LISTEN – CURSE OF THE SINGAPORE SLNG RAZORLIGHT – ROCK ‘N ROLL LIES – ROCK ‘N ROLL LIES SINGLE BILLY TALENT – TRY HONESTLY – BILLY TALENT THE ROBOCOP KRAUS – FASHION – FASHION SINGLE THE RAPTURE – OLIO – ECHOES COLDER – CRAZY LOVE – AGAIN CHEMICAL BROTHERS FT THE FLAMING LIPS – THE GOLDEN PATH – THE GOLDEN PATH YEAR OF THE RABBIT – RABBIT HOLE – YEAR OF THE RABBIT MOTEL CREEPS – GUN FOR HIRE – LOOKING FOR HANDOUTS STARSAILOR – MUSIC WAS SAVED – SILENCE IS EASY TIM BURGESS – I BELIEVE IN THE SPIRIT – I BELIEVE THE CLOSE – DIANE DON’T DRIVE – IT’S A SECRET TO EVERYONE MITTENS – MORNING COMES – DEMOS THE BANDITS – TAKE IT AND RUN – AND THEY WALKED AWAY ORANGER – GOING UNDER – SHUTDOWN THE SUN ROGUE WAVE – EVERY MOMENT – OUT OF THE SHADOWS THE CLIENTELE – THE VIOLET HOUR – THE VIOLET HOUR SCOTLAND YARD GOSPEL CHOIR – STUPIDEST THINGS – I BET YOU SAY THAT TO ALL THE BOYS BROADCAST – OMINOUS CLOUD – HAHA SOUND RICHARD HAWLEY – IT’S OVER LOVE – LOWEDGES
MENTIONS: SCOUT NIBLETT, H.I.M., THE SHINS, MANDO DIAO, THE AKTION, THE KILLERS.
FUTURE SOUNDS 08 MANDO DIAO – PARALYZED – BRING ‘EM IN THE STROKES – UNDER CONTROL – ROOM ON FIRE ENDOCHINE – BREADLINE – DAY TWO MOMMY AND DADDY – OUTSIDE – LIVE HOW YOU LISTEN THE FITNESS – CHAUFFEUR – CALL ME FOR TOGETHER DOGS DIE IN HOT CARS – I LOVE YOU (CAUSE I HAVE TO) – DEMOS SUSHIROBO – LAST CALL – LIGHT-FINGERED FEELING OF SUSHIROBO DEVOTCHKA – OCEAN OF LUST – UNA VOLTA THE DRAMA – IT GIVES ME STRENGTH (LIKE A DRUG) COHEED & CAMBRIA – A FAVOR HOUSE ATLANTIC – IN KEEPING SECRETS OF SILENT EARTH: 3 THE WEBB BROTHERS – MS. MORIARITY – THE WEBB BROTHERS JOSH ROUSE – LOVE VIBRATION – 1972 WHEAT – I MET A GIRL – TOO MUCH TIME EP RYAN ADAMS – SO ALIVE – ROCK N ROLL SIMPLE KID – AVERAGE MAN – SK1 THE DECEMBERISTS – THE SOLDIERING LIFE – HER MAJESTY THE SHINS – FIGHTING IN A SACK – CHUTES TOO NARROW PEDESTRIAN – OVERWHELMED – DEMOS THE COURT AND SPARK – OVER THE HILL – DOUBLE ROSES RAY LAMONTAGNE – PLEASE – DEMOS GREYHOUND SOUL – DRAG QUEEN – DOWN
MENTIONS: OUTKAST, THE KILLERS, FILM SCHOOL, THE MOVIES, NITIN SAWHNEY, THE COACHWHIPS.
FUTURE SOUNDS 09 MITTENS – BELINDA – DEMOS THE FIERY FURNACES – CRYSTAL CLEAR – GALLOWSBIRD’S BARK CLEARLAKE – ALMOST THE SAME – CEDARS FILM SCHOOL – 11-11 – DEMOS TY COBB – WHEEL – 7Y CO66 EP KASABIAN – CUTT OFF – DEMOS THE REDWALLS – COLORFUL REVOLUTION – UNIVERSAL BLUES THE M’S – BANISHMENT OF LOVE – THE M’S THE JESSICA FLETCHERS – BLOODY SEVENTIES LOVE – WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ? DAVID HOPKINS – AMBER & GREEN – DEMOS THE NATIONAL – SLIPPING HUSBAND – SAD SONGS FOR DIRTY LOVERS PRESTON SCHOOL OF INDUSTRY – GET YOUR CRAYONS OUT – MONSOON CHEWY – BUSHES – SOMANYDYNAMOS THE ROSEBUDS – KICKS IN THE SCHOOLYARD – THE ROSEBUDS MAKE OUT TROUBLED HUBBLE – I LOVE MY CANOE – PENTURBIA MANISHEVITZ – BERETTA – CITY LIFE THE UNICORNS – LE OS – WHO WILL CUT OUR HAIR WHEN WE’RE GONE? THEY WALK IN LINE – UNTIL MY DAYS ARE GONE – ALL MINE EP BOYJAZZ – LOOKIN’ FOR YOU – IN THE CITY TONIGHT THE EVERYOTHERS – LIKE A DRUG – THE EVERYOTHERS THE LIKE – (SO I’LL SIT HERE) WAITING – THE LIKE EP PEDAL STEEL TRANSMISSION – AMY – THE ANGEL OF THE SQUARED CIRCLE
MENTIONS: BEST OF 2003 LIST
FUTURE SOUNDS 10 PHANTOM PLANET – BIG BRAT – PHANTOM PLANET I ALMOST SAW GOD ON THE METRO – TRASH CAN STARCHILD – SILVER DUST ON THE FUNK AGE THE LOVEMAKERS – PREPARE TO FIGHT – DEMOS LUCY – LIGHTS ON – DEMOS SHOUT OUT LOUDS – PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE – HOWL HOWL GAFF GAFF THE BON MOTS – GLISTENING – LE MAIN DRAG MITTENS – LOT LIKE YOU – DEMOS PITY SING – RADIO – PITTY SING EP FILM SCHOOL – LIKE YOU KNOW – DEMOS TV ON THE RADIO – DREAMS – DESPERATE YOUTH, BLOODTHIRSTY BABIES ALL NIGHT RADIO – ALL NIGHT RADIO – SPIRIT STEREO FREQUENCY DESTROYER – THE MUSIC LOVERS – YOUR BLUES BIG DIGITS – BOSTON SPRING SONG – BIG DIGITS EP THE WALKMEN – THE RAT – BOWS & ARROWS THE DEXATREENS – BLEEDING HEART DISEASE – THE DEXATREENS COACHWHIPS – PURSE PEEKING – BANGERS VS. FUCKERS BAYSIDE – MASTERPIECE – SIRENS AND CONDOLENCES BLU SANDERS – SHINING THROUGH – MY GEMINI SELF THE WOUNDED KNEES – SONNY PAYNE – DEMOS SUPER XX MAN – GRACE (GLORIFIED) – VOL. VII: MY USUAL WAY
MENTIONS: GRAHAM COXON, SECRET MACHINES, LIARS, THE CORAL, ELECTRELANE, AIR, THE NOTWIST, MODEY LEMON, ARTHUR RUSSELL, WEIRD WAR, READ YELLOW, DECIBULLY, JENS LEKMAN, LAMBCHOP, ROY, FUTURE EX-WIVES, SCISSOR SISTERS, IKARA COLT, ROGUE WAVE.
FUTURE SOUNDS 11 THE VON BONDIES – C’MON C’MON – PAWN SHOP HEART FRANZ FERDINAND – DARTS OF PLEASURE – FRANZ FERDINAND SNOW PATROL – SPITTING GAMES – FINAL STRAW THE BETA BAND – ASSESSMENT – HEROES TO ZEROS LOOMIS – SHED DE LANTERN – CIGARETTE LUKE TEMPLE – B BIRD – DEMOS LUCY – CRYIN’ – DEMOS THE ADORED – ALL AROUND – DEMOS THESE BONES – LIQUIDS AND SOLIDS – SPINES EP FORT ANCIENT – FLORIDA DAYZ, FLORIDA KNIGHTS – DEMOS STARS OF THE CITY – HERE’S TO THE SUN – DEMOS BENZOS – YOU’RE FOREVER AN HOUR GLASS – EP 1 ELECTRELANE – ON PARADE – POWER OUT RATATAT – 17 YEARS – RATATAT BASTION – DANCE – DEMOS TIME IN MALTA – GHOSTS – ALONE WITH THE ALONE VAN HUNT – DUST – VAN HUNT THE DECEMBERISTS – HUMAN BEHAVIOR – VA: READ: INTERPRETING BJORK JOSS STONE – FELL IN LOVE WITH A BOY – THE SOUL SESSIONS CARLA WERNER – DEPARTURE – DEPARTURE JENS LEKMAN – BLACK CAB – MAPLE LEAVES EP COCOROSIE – GOOD FRIDAY – LA MAISON DE MON REVE
MENTIONS: SXSW, DIRTY ON PURPOSE, SONDRE LERCHE, ROBBERS ON HIGH STREET, COMETS ON FIRE.
FUTURE SOUNDS 12 THE KILLERS – SOMEBODY TOLD ME – SOMEBODY TOLD ME UK SINGLE CONNER – SILENT MOVIE SCORE – THE WHITE CUBE THE CRIBS – BABY DON’T SWEAT – THE CRIBS ROSE HILL DRIVE – SOUL ON FIRE – ROSE HILL DRIVE EP ON THE SPEAKERS – COULD I BE RIGHT? – EP THE BROADCAST TX – BREAKDOWN – DEMOS FIREKILLS – RAINING DOWN – A BETTER WAY TO HURT EACH OTHER EP POOR HARVEY – ANTIMATTER – ANTIMATTER STARS OF THE CITY – OTHER SIDE – DEMOS DAVID HOPKINS – MY TIME IS RUNNING OUT – DEMOS FEY RAY – BRAND NEW STRING – I WANNA BE NEW AND PERFECT THE BOXER REBELLION – PALISADES – DEMOS NEW RHODES – SHE SAID – DEMOS COWBOY CURTIS – PEOPLE SONG – OBSERVATIONS/ASSUMPTIONS OF MONTREAL – DISCONNECT THE DOTS – SATANIC PICNIC IN THE ATTIC DIOS – STARTING FIVE – DIOS ADEM – EVERYTHING I NEED – HOMESONGS BOTTOM OF THE HUDSON – MOTORCAID – THE OMAHA RECORD THE HOURLY RADIO – GO – DEMOS BLANCHE – SUPERSTITION – IF WE CAN’T TRUST THE DOCTORS…. MINDY SMITH – JOLENE – ONE MORE MOMENT MENTIONS: AEON SPOKE, SAMSA, NOW IT’S OVERHEARD, PANTHERS, INOUK, NERVE GENERATOR, THE CONCRETES, ANOTHER BLUE DOOR, PELA, THE INFORMATION, MINUS STORY, KANYE WEST, USHER, MORRISSEY, MODEST MOUSE, EAGLES OF DEATH METAL, YOUNG HEART ATTACK, LOVEDRUG.
FUTURE SOUNDS 13 AMBULANCE LTD – PRIMATIVE (THE WAY I TREAT YOU) – LP GIANT DRAG – THIS ISN’T IT – LEMONA EP COMMUNIQUE – PERFECT WEAPONS – POISON ARROWS EMOTIONAL REC CLUB – VOCODER – EMOTIONAL REC CLUB THE COLOUR – MIRROR BALL – DEMOS CONTROLLER.CONTROLLER – SILENT SEVEN – HISTORY PARADISE BOYS – THE YOUNG AND THE GUESTLIST – THE YOUNG AND THE GUESTLIST FRESHKILLS – TASTE OF METAL – DEMOS THE HOLD STEADY – THE SWISH – ALMOST KILLED ME RIFF RANDOM – THERE IS NO LOVE – THE RANDOM LOVE EP SNOWDEN – KILL THE POWER – SNOWDEN EP MUR – LET IT GO – MUR KEANE – SOMEWHERE ONLY WE KNOW – HOPES AND FEARS THE CHANGES – WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG? – FIRST OF MAY PAS/CAL – WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SAND – OH HONEY, WE’RE RIDICULOUS THE SILENT LEAGUE – BREATHE – THE ORCHESTRA, SADLY, HAS REFUSED SILVERSTATE – PLASTIC ROSE – SILVERSTATE EP STRINGS OF THE TONGUE – A POLAR ATTRACTION – DEMOS BRAZIL – ESCAPE – A HOSTAGE AND THE MEANING OF LIFE CALEXICO – ALONE AGAIN OR – CONVICT POOL THE RIDERS – JUST ONE HEART – THE RIDERS EP
MENTIONS: MISSION OF BURMA, MCLUSKY, THE MEETING PLACES, THE STANDARD, AMP FIDDLER, PHOENIX, DENISE JAMES, JOLIE HOLLAND, DIVISION OF LAURA LEE, IDIOT PILOT, WILCO, BEASTIE BOYS, LORETTA LYNN, GOMEZ, ALEXISONFIRE.
FUTURE SOUNDS 14 HABITFORMING – INTERMINGLE – DEMOS BLOC PARTY – SHE’S HEARING VOICES – DEMOS THE SECRET MACHINES – SAD AND LONELY – NOW HERE IS NOWHERE ASH – MELTDOWN – MELTDOWN D JON – IT AIN’T NOTHIN’ LIKE – DEMOS BUMBLEBEEZ 81 – PONY RIDE – PRINTZ THE BRAVERY – NO BRAKES – NO BRAKES SINGLE THE FUTUREHEADS – MEANTIME – DEMOS THE ORDINARY BOYS – WEEK IN, WEEK OUT – WEEK IN, WEEK OUT SINGLE THE PONYS – LITTLE FRIENDS – LACED WITH ROMANCE THE SUBJECTS – SILVER – DEMOS THE THERMALS – HOW WE KNOW – FUCKIN’ A AGENT BLUE – SNOWHILL – SNOWHILL PLURAMON – HELLO SHADOW – DREAMS TOP ROCK THE VEILS – MORE LIGHT THAN HEAT – THE RUNAWAY FOUND ART BRUT – FORMED A BAND – FORMED A BAND SINGLE THE FRENCH KICKS – ONE MORE TIME – THE TRIAL OF THE CENTURY GRAM RABBIT – NEW ENERGY – MUSIC TO START A CULT TO THE DIRTY PROJECTORS – (THROW ON) HAZARD LIGHTS – SLAVES’ GRAVES & BALLADS WHYSALL LANE – THE WAY BACK – DEMOS THE RIDERS – TAKE AWAY – DEMOS
MENTIONS: JEFFREY LUCK LUCAS, THE GUILTY PARTY, THE BIG SLEEP, ON! AIR! LIBRARY!, LAURA VEIRS, DEATH FROM ABOVE 1969, THE CINEMA EYE, THE NEW YEAR, SONIC YOUTH, APARTMENT, ARTO LINDSAY.
FUTURE SOUNDS 15 DAVID HOPKINS – SCARED RABBIT – DEMOS ROGUE WAVE – ENDLESS SHOVEL – OUT OF THE SHADOW WILC0 – I’M A WHEEL – A GHOST IS BORN RADIO 4 – THE DEATH OF AMERICAN RADIO – STEALING OF A NATION CONNER – COLD FEELINGS – DEMOS THE HEAD SET – 1982 – ASK HER TWICE SPARTA – BREAKING THE BROKEN – PROCELAIN NOVATONE – MIDNIGHT – DEMOS THE FIERY FURNACES – SINGLE AGAIN – BLUEBERRY BOAT THE SUBWAYS – 1AM – DEMOS DEAD COMBO – YOU DON’T LOOK SO GOOD – BARRY WHITE MOON BASE GEEZERS OF NAZARETH – GOLD RUSH – SONGS ON THE RADIO THE SONGS OF SOUND – HEAVY HANDS – THE SONS OF SOUND EP ABDOUJAPAROV – EMERGENCY MEDICAL HOLOGRAM – DEMOS SURFEROSA – LUCKY LIPSTICK – SHANGHAI MY HEART KAISER CHIEFS – MODERN WAY – DEMOS ROYAL CITY – JERUSALEM – LITTLE HEART’S EASE N.LANNON – DEMONS – CHEMICAL FRIENDS KATE EARL – SILENCE – KATE EARL WILLY MASON – OXYGEN – WILLY MASON SEAN HAYES – SMOKING SIGNALS – ALABAMA CHICKEN THE HIDDEN CAMERAS – BUILDS THE BONE – MISSISSAUGA GODDAM
MENTIONS: THEE MORE SHALLOWS, 65DAYSOFSTATIC, MADELEINE PEYROUX, THE TWENTY-TWO’S, THE SENSES, LOMAX, THE NEW CONSITUTION, GOSLING, THE MADISON STRAYS, VIB GYOR, THE LONG BLONDES.
FUTURE SOUNDS 16 THE ZUTONS – PRESSURE POINT – WHO KILLED THE ZUTONS THE BEES UK – WASH IN THE RAIN – FREE THE BEES RAZORLIGHT – GOLDEN TOUCH – UP ALL NIGHT THE LIBERTINES – CAN’T STAND ME NOW – THE LIBERTINES IKARA COLT – WAKE IN THE CITY – MODERN APPRENTICE INTERPOL – EVIL – ANTICS FILM SCHOOL – HARMED – SHOCK & OAR EP THE FAINT – I DISAPPEAR – WET FROM BIRTH EVERY MOVE A PICTURE – 12AM – DEMOS THE TWENTY TWO’S – SHE DOES – EP THE FIVE O’CLOCK HEROES – RUN TO HER – HEAD GAMES SINGLE HOPE OF THE STATES – NEHEMIAH – THE LOST RIOTS THE OPEN – ELEVATION – THE SILENT HOURS APARTMENT – PEOPLE – DEMOS THE FLOOR – ISOLENE, I – AUTONOMY OFF/ON THE DEPARTURE – ALL MAPPED OUT – DEMOS SINGAPORE SLING – LIFE IS KILLING MY ROCK ‘N ROLL – LIFE IS KILLING MY ROCK ‘N ROLL GOSLING – MR. SKELETON WINGS – GOSLING EP SKINNYMAN – I’D BE SURPRISED – COUNCIL ESTATE OF MIND DAVID HOPKINS – GINGER HAIR – SCARED RABBIT EP TOM BAXTER – MY DECLARATION – FEATHER & STONE
MENTIONS: TRANSCARGO, BURNSIDE PROJECT, TREEWAVE, THE PHOBES, THE RAKES, BABY, DRIVE BY TRUCKERS, THE THRILLS, THE CONCRETES, THE MUSIC, THE FUTUREHEADS, THE EARLIES, CLINIC.
FUTURE SOUNDS 17 NINE BLACK ALPS – COSMOPOLITAN - DEMOS BE YOUR OWN PET – DAMN DAMN LEASH – 2 SONG EP CLOR – GOOD STUFF – WELCOME MUSIC LOVERS EP THE LEGENDS – HERE AND BACK AGAIN – UP AGAINST THE LEGENDS THE ARCADE FIRE – NEIGHBORHOOD #3 (POWER OUT) - FUNERAL THE MALL – TRACK 3 - DEMOS THE DRAMA – I REQUIRE ANOTHER - DEMOS MADELIA – THE CHORDS - DEMOS TOM VEK – C-C (YOU SET THE FIRE IN ME) – WE HAVE SOUND E-ZEE TIGER – FANTA ES PONTINO – EZEE TIGER THE CATHOLIC COMB – SIXTEEN TO TWENTY-ONE- DEMOS VIVA VOCE – ALIVE WITH PLEASURE – HEAT CAN MELT YOUR BRAIN JOHNNYBOY – YOU ARE THE GENERATION – YOU ARE THE GENERATION SINGLE THE DEARS – WE CAN HAVE IT – NO CITIES LEFT THE CLOUD ROOM – HEY NOW NOW - DEMOS PROSAICS – TEETH – AGHAST AGAPE HOT SNAKES – HI-LIGHTS – AUDIT IN PROGRESS VON IVA – SAME SAD SONG - DEMOS THE VIBRATION – SWEET OIL – EAR TO THE GROUND EP CITIZENS HERE AND ABROAD – SECRETS - DEMOS LA ROCCA – THIS LIFE – DEMOS MENTIONS: UM, AUTOLUX, TWIN WRECKS THE MEMORY, THE CHAP, BABY TEETH, OVERHANG, LUNA, Q AND NOT U, PANTHERS, THE NERVOUS RETURN, HUMAN TELEVISION.
FUTURE SOUNDS 18 HABITFORMING – ONLY SO MANY DAYS – INVOLVED KASABIAN – CLUB FOOT – KASABIAN DIAMOND KNIGHTS – THE GIRLS ATTRACTIVE – ONCE WE WERE DIAMONDS TEGAN & SARA – WALKING WITH A GHOST – SO JEALOUS BABYSHAMBLES – KILLAMANGIRO – BABYSHAMBLES EDITORS – BULLETS – DEMOS MAGNETA LANE – THEIR PARTY DAYS – THE CONSTANT LOVER KINGS OF LEON – SLOW NIGHT, SO LONG – A HA SHAKE HEARTBREAK THE MARS VOLTA – THE WIDOW – THE WIDOW SINGLE STARS OF THE CITY – JETPLANE – DEMOS THE HEAVENLY STATES – KING EPITHPANY – THE HEAVENLY STATES IO – YOUR SUBTERRANEAN AUTUMN – DEMOS SAINTS + LOVERS – KISS IT GOODBYE – DEMOS HARD-FI – LIVING FOR THE WEEKEND – DEMOS THE IMMEDIATE – NEVER SEEN – THE IMMEDIATE 69CORP – DEMON SEED – OUR PRESENT TO THE FUTURE SOFT – YOU MAKE ME WANNA DIE – DEMOS MARJORIE FAIR – WAVES – SELF HELP SERENADE BLACK MOUNTAIN – DRUGANAUT – BLACK MOUNTAIN THE EVENING EPISODE – FEET AND FINS – THE EVENING EPISODE UNITED STATES OF ELECTRONICA – EMERALD CITY – U.S.E.
MENTIONS: MOHAIR, THE PARISIANS, ELEPHONE, FALCONHAWK, EMILIANA TORRINI, BROOKVILLE, KID CASANOVA, JAH DIVISON, DOWNTOWN, SHARON JONES & THE DAP KINGS, LOW, M83, GRAHAM COXON.
FUTURE SOUNDS 19 FILM SCHOOL – ON AND ON – FILM SCHOOL FOREIGN BORN – WE HAD PLEASURE – DEMOS TEA FOR JULIE – BEBOUND – DIVISION LITTLE BARRIE – FREE SALUTE – WE ARE LITTLE BARRIE THE CRASH – GIGILO – MELODRAMA WOLFMOTHER – WOMAN – WOLFMOTHER EP MYSTERY JETS – ALAS AGNES – DEMOS DOVES – BLACK AND WHITE TOWN – BLACK AND WHITE TOWN DEATHRAY – PLEASE – LP2 PREVIEW RUN RUN RUN – SKYSCRAPER – DRIZZLE EP THE BLOOD ARM – DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION? – BOMB ROMANTICS DEMO WE ARE SCIENTISTS – NOBODY MOVE, NOBODY GET HURT – THE WOLF’S HOUR A GUN CALLED TENSION – GOLD FRONTS – A GUN CALLED TENSION SCISSORS FOR LEFTY – GHETTO WAYS – BRUNO THE OCTOBER – STRANGEST THING – DEMOS AUGUST ANCHOR – STATES OF NAKEDNESS, PT 1 – AUGUST ANCHOR THE FOXYMORONS – HARVARD HANDS – HESITATION EYES STARS – YOUR EX-LOVER IS DEAD – SET YOURSELF ON FIRE MINT ROYALE – LITTLE WORDS – SEE YOU IN THE MORNING
MENTIONS: SPOON, MANDO DIAO, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, ATHLETE, SHOUT OUT LOUDS, REGINA SPEKTOR, THE DECEMBERISTS, M.I.A., THE FUTUREHEADS, DEAD MEADOW.
FUTURE SOUNDS 20 THE DRAMA – STEVENSON – DEMOS SHE WANTS REVENGE – OUT OF CONTROL – SHE WANTS REVENGE DIRTY LITTLE SECRET – WE WANT YOU – DIRTY LITTLE SECRET EP DOGS – SHE’S GOT A REASON – SHE’S GOT A REASON SINGLE OASIS – THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING IDLE – DON’T BELIEVE THE TRUTH CUT COPY – SATURDAYS – BRIGHT LIKE NEON LOVE FELIX DA HOUSECAT – READY 2 WEAR – DEVIN DAZZLE & THE NEON FEVER THIS EPISODE – PARIS LONDON NEW YORK – DEMOS FANS OF KATE – TAPE 23 – FANS OF KATE EP MAZARIN – WE’RE ALREADY THERE – WE’RE ALREADY THERE ARCTIC MONKEYS – (I BET YOU) LOOK GOOD ON THE DANCEFLOOR – FIVE MINUTES WITH ARCTIC MONKEYS ARMY NAVY – SNAKES OF HAWAII – ARMY NAVY THE CHEAT – GO HOME – THE CHEAT EP JOHN CARPENTER – BONGS – DEMOS JENNIFER GENTLE – UNIVERSAL DAUGHTER – VALENDE THE NATIONAL – ALL THE WINE – ALLIGATOR HUSKY RESCUE – SUMMERTIME COWBOY – COUNTRY FALLS 13 & GOD – MEN OF STATION – 13 & GOD NOVATONE – PERFECT – THE GOOD MACHINE DAVID DONDERO – SOUTH OF THE SOUTH – SOUTH OF THE SOUTH
MENTIONS: MONO IN VCF, ROCKETHOUSE, ESKIMO, VIVA K, VNV NATION, KAISER CHIEFS, BRITISH SEA POWER, ART BRUT, CARIBOU, THE CORAL, SUPERSYSTEM, ELECTRELANE.
FUTURE SOUNDS 21 THE POSIES – SECOND TIME AROUND – EVERY KIND OF LIGHT FILM SCHOOL – BREET – FILM SCHOOL LEMON SUN – THE ANSWERS – DEMOS THE SPINTO BAND – OH MANDY – NICE AND NICELY DONE MICKEY AVALON – JANE FONDA – DEMOS UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF GIANTS – MAMA’S ROOM – MAMA’S ROOM EP MOHAIR – STRANDED – DEMOS ASSASSINS – GUILTY – ASSASSINS CAMERON MESHELL – DREAM ON – DEMOS ART BRUT – BANG BANG ROCK AND ROLL – BANG BANG ROCK AND ROLL YOUTH GROUP – SOMEONE ELSE’S DREAM – SKELETON JAR HUGE – HAPPINESS EVERYDAY – DEMOS AMOR – WOMAN WHO’S A WOMAN – DEMOS INNAWAY – THREAT HAWK – INNAWAY MERIC LONG – NOTES – DEMOS
MENTIONS: CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH, THE BLUE VAN, ENGINEERS, ANNIE, SUFJAN STEVENS, TROUBLED HUBBLE, LADY ELAINE, MOVING TO FRANCE, FANCEY, OPEN HAND, PILOTDRIFT, RADEMACHER, ARCHITECTURE IN HELSKINKI, AMUSEMENT PARKS ON FIRE, PRIESTESS, HAIL SOCIETY.
FUTURE SOUNDS 22 ROGUE WAVE – 10:1 – DESCENDED LIKE VULTURES MILBURN – LET ME GO – EP SCISSORS FOR LEFTY – NEXT TO ARGYLE – DEMOS HARLEM SHAKES – EIGHTEEN – DEMOS JAMIE LIDELL – MULTIPLY – MULTIPLY SILJIE – KISS YOUR MAMA – DEMOS KENNEDY – YOUR MAMA – YOUR MAMA 7” WHITE ROSE MOVEMENT – ALSATION – ALSATION SINGLE SILVERSUN PICKUPS – KISSING FAMILIES – PIKUL EP THE AUDRYE SESSIONS – NO ONE IS LISTENING – DEMOS BOY KILL BOY – SUZIE – SUZIE SINGLE 100 BULLETS BACK – DBM – 100 BULLETS BACK CALLA – IT DAWNED ON ME – COLLISIONS THE DOUBLE – IDIOCY – LOSE IN THE AIR THE PRIDS – SHAKE – DEMOS GET HIM EAT HIM – MUMBLE MUMBLE – GEOGRAPHY CONES ORANGER – NEW COMES AND GOES – NEW COMES AND GOES WOLF PARADE – SHINE A LIGHT – APOLOGIES TO THE QUEEN MARY DIEFENBACH – GLORIOUS – SET AND DRIFT THE BRONZE EPISODE – THE BODY – DEMOS JENNA NICHOLLS – ALL THE WHILE – DEMOS
MENTIONS: THE GATES OF BERLIN, MARGOT & THE NUCLEAR SO & SO’S, BRIAN LACKEY, ELEPHONE, MY MORNING JACKET, BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, CONSTANTINES, THE MAGIC NUMBERS, JOHN VANDERSLICE, SUPERGRASS, BROADCAST, SIGOR ROS, DIOS (MALOS), RICHARD HAWLEY, KEREN ANN, MASON PROPER, GOOD SHOES, BIRDMONSTER, SNOW WHITE, SHINEY TOY GUNS, PANDA & ANGEL, THE FATALES, THE BOY LEAST LIKELY TO, SABROSA PURR, FELL CITY GIRL.
FUTURE SOUNDS 23GNARLS BARKLEY – CRAZY – CRAZY SINGLE SUICIDE SPORTS CLUB – LAST GHOST IN TOWN – ELECTRIC MISTRESS GUILLEMOTS – WHO LEFT THE LIGHTS OFF BABY? – SINGLE STARS OF THE CITY – 128 – 128 SINGLE DAVID HOPKINS – MEET ME IN THE MORNING – DEMOS LEMON SUN – THROUGH THESE DOORS – DEMOS STYLOFONE – NIGHTTIME – KINGS & QUEENS EP GOLDSPOT – REWIND – TALLY OF YES MEN JONT – YOU CAN BE THE STARS – ONE LONG SONG MOVING UNITS – DARK WALLS – DEMOS VOXTROT – THE START OF SOMETHING – RAISED BY WOLVES EP THE FRANK & WALTERS – FASHION CRISIS HITS NEW YORK – THE FRANK & WALTERS ILLINOIS – NOSEBLEED – THE REVENGE OF SOME KID THE BLACK ANGELS – BLACK GREASE – THE BLACK ANGELES EP BIRDMONSTER – ALL THE HOLES IN THE WALLS – EP STREET TO NOWHERE – THEY’RE NOT LIKE US – CHARMINGLY AWKWARD THIS EPISODE – THE MOVIES – DEMOS DAPPLED CITIES FLY – PEACH – A SMILE MASON PROPER – LIFE’S CORNICOPIA – THERE IS A MOTH IN YOUR CHEST THE RUBY TAILIGHTS – SWITCH – DEMOS
MENTIONS: WE ARE SCIENTISTS, THE BURNSIDE PROJECT, HEAD LIKE A KITE, THE BOY LEAST LIKELY TO, GRAHAM COXON, MARY J. BLIGE, KELLY STOLTZ, DONALD FAGEN, PROTUGAL THE MAN, SEAN HAYES, JIM NOIR, THE OTHERSIDE, TAPES N TAPES, BELLA, ABERDEEN CITY, PROTOKOLL, THE ARK, THE RINSE, THE RUMBLE STRIPS, HOWLING BELLS, DUST & BLOOD, ROCK KILLS KIDS, FALLOUT TRUST.
FUTURE SOUNDS 24 AFROBOTS – DULCE RIOT - DEMOS MATTAFIX – BIG CITY LIFE – SIGNS OF A STRUGGLE LILY ALLEN – LDN – LDN SINGLE THE INFADELS – GIRL THAT SPEAKS NO WORDS – WE ARE NOT THE INFADELS EVERY MOVE A PICTURE – SIGNS OF LIFE – HEART = WEAPON APARTMENT – FALL INTO PLACE - DEMOS NERINA PALLOT – EVERYBODY’S GONE TO WAR – FIRES THE NOISES 10 – HORSE LATITUDES – THERE’S AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM THE DYKEENIES – WAITING FOR GO - DEMOS EARL GREYHOUND – SOS – DEMOS BAND OF HORSES – THE FUNERAL – EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME BELLES WILL RING – THE COLDEST HEART - DEMOS THE JEALOUS GIRLFRIENDS – HEIROGLYPHICS - DEMOS EL PERRO DEL MAR – I CAN’T TALK ABOUT IT – EL PERRO DEL MAR THE LITTLE ONES – LOVERS WHO UNCOVER – SING SONG EP THE VLA’S – TERRA FIRMA –DEMOS GABRIEL MANN – RIDE - DEMOS BUCHANNON – ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE – TRUE LOVE EP JON AUER – SIX FEET UNDER – SONGS FROM THE YEAR OF OUR DEMISE
MENTIONS: DANGERBIRD RECORDS, DARKER MY LOVE, LA ROCCA, PETER WALKER, THE SILENT LEAGUE, THE DIGGS, WAXPLANET, BIRDMONSTER, SOMA SONIC, HOWLING BELLS, IMAAD WASIF, FLEEING NEW YORK, GRAM RABBIT, MELLOWDRONE, LORENZO GOETZ, THE PRIDS, SPUTNIC MONROE, BUTTERLFY EXPLOSION, VOODOO 6. ECHOGRAM, BRIGHT SPACE, TROY VAN BALTHAZAR, THE HUNDRED DAYS, RIDE THEORY, RUSSIAN CIRCLES, SHOPLIFTING.
TANKFARM PRESENTS FUTURE SOUNDS 25 DUST & BLOOD – SING TO YOUR DEMONS – DEMOS LEMON SUN – TELEPHONE – TALES OF UNCERTANTY EP AFROBOTS – DANJAH – DEMOS MOUNTAIN CON – APOLOLYPTIC –SANCHO PANZA THE SAUDI PLAYBOYS – PSYCHO KILLER – PSYCHO KILLER SINGLE APES & ANDROIDS – NIGHTS OF THE WEEK – DEMOS PROFESSOR MURDER – FREE STRESS TEST –PROFESSOR MURDER RIDES THE SUBWAY LOW FLYING OWLS – DO THE NEW WORLD ORDER – DEMOS ARMS – WHIRRING – SHITTY LITTLE DISCO EP DUKE SPECIAL – FREEWHEEL – ADVENTURES IN GRAMOPHONE SCOTT MATTHEWS – ELUSIVE – ELUSIVE SINGLE JUSTIN NOZUKA – MOTHER LAND – DEMOS DREW LAWRENCE & THE ALLIES – LOVESICK PANIC – DEMOS THAO NGUYEN – TALLYMARKS – LIKE THE LINEN RICKY ANDERSON – MILLIONAIRE – DEMOS
MENTIONS: FOREIGN ISLANDS, HONEYCUT, TIGERCITY, BLACK MARKET, THE KLAXONS, THE VOOM BLOOMS, FIELDS, WALTER MEEGO, EBB & FLOW, LOVELIKEFIRE, FLEET FOXES, TOKYO POLICE CLUB, ST VINCENT, POLYTECHNIC, COLOUR REVOLT, KID ALEX, THE YOUNG KNIVES, THE TENDER BOX, ANOTHER CYNTHIA, DEVASTATIONS.
TANKFARM PRESENTS FUTURE SOUNDS 26 THE DUDES – DROPKICK QUEEN OF THE WEEKEND – BRAIN HEART GUITAR BANG CAMERO – PUSH PUSH (LADY LIGHTNING) – BANG CAMERO THE WILDBIRDS – SHAKE SHAKE – DEMOS THE NOISES 10 – DISTANCE – SUMMER EP DIKTA – SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE – HUNTING FOR HAPPINESS THE EPOCHS – STAND UP AND BE COUNTED – THE EPOCHS COCO B’S – MODERN LOVER – DEMOS GOTYE – LEARNALIGIVINGLOVIN – LIKE DRAWING BLOOD THE TEMPER TRAP – MY SUN – THE TEMPER TRAP EP LIONS & TIGERS – ZAIRE – ZAIRE SINGLE LOVELIKEFIRE – WISH YOU DEAD – DEMOS WINTERGREEN – WHEN I WAKE UP – THE EXTENDED PLAY EP VICTOR SCOTT – GOTTA GO – HAPPY DAYS APARTMENT – PRESSURES – THE DREAMER EVASIVE CLAIRE BOWDITCH & THE FEEDING SET – WHAT WAS LEFT
MENTIONS: THE CLEAN PROPHETS, MISTAKES, THAILAND, THE MORNING BENDERS, THE MILK TEETH, PATRICK WATSON, THE SWIMMERS, MONSTERS ARE WAITING, GERSEY, INJUNS, THE BROKEN WEST, LOVE BOAT, BLACK FICTION, HOLY SHIT, MISTER LOVELESS, MANIC.
FUTURE SOUNDS 27 THE WOMBATS – PATRICIA THE STRIPPER – LOST IN THE POST SINGLE HONG KONG SIX – LAND OF THE BRAIN DAMAGED – DEMOS BAND OF THIEVES – WOMAN - DEMOS DAVID VANDERVELDE – NOTHIN’ NO - THE MOONSTATION HOUSE BAND POP LEVI – BLUE HONEY – THE RETURN TO FORM BLACK MAGICK PARTY TRAINWRECK RIDERS – IN & OUT OF LOVE – LONELY ROAD REVIVAL POOR RICHARDS PRESS – SEASONS - DEMOS APTEKA – THE SHEET – DEMOS THE BLAKES – LINTWALK – THE BLAKES SONICFLYER – SUN IN MY POCKET – DEMOS OVERVIEW – MELANCHOLY IN THE CITY – FORTY-FOUR STONE TIGERS NEW VIOLATORS – BURMA – DEMOS NEW CASSETTES – LIGHTHOUSE – DEMOS KUDU – SUITE LIFE - DEATH OF A PARTY THE HUNDRED DAYS – HEY – DEMOS
MENTIONS: THE PARLOR MOB, CUT OFF YOUR HANDS, ZICO CHAIN, DRAGONS OF ZYNTH, SMALLWHITELIGHT, ENTER SHIKARI!, FOALS, DEERHUNTER, CALL ME LIGHTNING, MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA, EXPATRIATE, DISCOVERY ZONE, COUTRNEY TIDWELL, WE ARE WOLVES, BROTHER READE, ROXY COTTONTAIL, ONE NIGHT ONLY, COOL KIDS, DUSTY RHODES &amp;amp; THE RIVER BAND, OH NO ONE, PETER & THE PIRATES, BLITZEN TRAPPER, HOLY HAIL, HOT CLUB DE PARIS, KICKS, SO SO MODERN.
TANKFARM FUTURE SOUNDS 28 MAGIC BULLETS – HEATSTROKE – A CHILD IN LIFE YET A DOCTOR IN LOVE WHITE RABBITS – THE PLOT – FORT NIGHTLY VIVEK SHRAYA – FEVERED – IF WE’RE NOT TALKING SNOWMAN – YOU ARE A CASINO – SNOWMAN DIRTY LITTLE SECRET – FEELING BURNED – DEMOS JAMIE T – SALVADOR – PANIC PREVENTION DUNE – NO SPEED – WE ARE THERE YOU ARE OUT HERE UNTIL JUNE – SLEEPLESS – UNTIL JUNE EXPATRIATE – CRAZY – IN THE MIDST OF THIS SEA WOLF – YOU’RE A WOLF – GET TO THE RIVER BEFORE IT RUNS TOO LOW THE FRAIL – COUNT ON THIS – COUNT ON THIS EP VENUS INFERS – SAKE IN OSAKA – BUT YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT THE MIDNIGHT HOURS – LAY IT DOWN – DEMOS THE MINT CHICKS – CRAZY? YES! DUMB? NO! – CRAZY? YES! DUMB? NO! THE WHIGS – WRITTEN INVITATION – GIVE ‘EM ALL A BIG FAT LIP
MENTIONS: FIGHT LIKE APES, BLACK MOTH SUPER RAINBOW, THE CUBICAL, THE HENRY CLAY PEOPLE, DOG DAY, LAND OF TALK, BODIES OF WATER, HEAD LIKE A KITE, PULL TIGER TAIL, JUICEBOXXX, THE PRICKS, THE BLACK SUMMER CRUSH, TIGER LOU, OK TOKYO, BULLET HEAD, JENNY OWENS YOUNG, MARNIE STERN, LAST GANG, A FINE FRENZY, THE MINUTES, CODEBREAKER, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, TIM TEN YEN, WENDY DARLING, XU XU FANG, YACHT, RED MONROE, POLICY, THE ALONES, TINY DANCERS, THE JAGUAR CLUB, BOLT ACTION FIVE, CANON, THE TAKEOVER UK.
TANKFARM FUTURE SOUNDS 29 SAM SPARRO – BLACK & GOLD NICO VEGA – GRAVITY VOXHAUL BROADCAST – ROTTEN APPLES THE VIRGINS – RICH GIRLS FILM SCHOOL – DEAR ME EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS – SINGLE SEDATIVE BIG BLUE WHALE – 3 AGAINST ONE MGMT – TIME TO PRETEND BOMBAY BICYCLE CLUB – CANCEL ON ME THE FAINTEST IDEAS – DEXTER’S GOT A SINISTER HEART AUDRYE SESSIONS – PORCELAIN SOMETHING ABOUT VAMPIRES & SLUTS – AIRPLANE FUEL AUTOVAUGHN – ONE MORE TIME WARM BODIES – SURROUNDINGS CHERRY TEMPO – IN HINDSIGHT I KNOW
OTHER ARTISTS TO WATCH:
WHITE DENIM - TRACK: MESS YOUR HAIR Incredible band form Austin, part 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS, part BUTTHOLE SURFERS. Making waves, soon to be everywhere, an AMAZING band! Unsigned.
SABROSA PURR - TRACK: KILLING THE ARIES This LA band, in my opinion, should be HUGE. Mix the best of JANES ADDICTION with the greatest screamer in the business in Will Love, and you have the Purrrrrr. Unsigned.
THIEVES LIKE US - TRACK: DRUGS IN MY BODY If I were still active on the DJ circuit, this track would be a staple in every set I might spin. An anthem about being young and dumb and having minimal credit card debt. New York, NY. Album: Play Music For You. Kitsue Records.
CALVIN HARRIS – TRACK: THE GIRLS The party hit of the fall perhaps? 23 year old CALVIN HARRIS’ ‘The Girls’ has already gone Top 10 in the UK, now it crosses the waters and heads straight at us, complete with Calvin naming all the kind of ladies that he “gets”. Album: I Created Disco, Almost Gold Recordings.
CHESTER FRENCH - TRACK: SHE LOVES EVERYBODY You may have heard this track close an episode of Entourage, well others did too, and they’ve been recently signed to Star Track Records/Interscope (founded by THE NEPTUNES' Pharell Williams & Chad Hugo). Harvard students make smart music.
BELLAVISTA - TRACK: RIVER OF LOVE I was delighted that members of a great band, VUE, have formed a new project in San Francisco > BELLAVISTA. For fans of BRMC and SPACEMAN 3. Amazing debut record, Bellavista, on Take Root Records.
CLASS OF 1984 - TRACK: HONEY Cork, Ireland’s CLASS OF 1984 are getting looks from the NME and UK majors off this demo track. The band has moved to London to become the modern NEW YORK DOLLS. Unsigned.
GLASVEGAS - TRACK: IT’S ONLY MY CHEATING HEART THAT MAKES ME CRY Scotland’s next big thing, GLASVEGAS blend THE JESUS & MARY CHAIN with Unsigned.
CHERRY GHOST - TRACK: 4AM An absolutely gorgeous track, reminding me of the MOBY GRAPE classic, “8:05”. From Manchester and signed to Heavenly UK.
JUKEBOX THE GHOST - TRACK: HOLD IT IN From Washington DC, JUKEBOX THE GHOST are full of amazing hooks and harmonies and in no time should be indie favorites. Just missed making the mix. Unsigned.
SUGAR & GOLD - TRACK: NEIGHBORHOOD San Francisco funk act SUGAR & GOLD are made strictly for the rollerskaters and fans of ROTARY CONNECTION and DUSTY GROOVES. Antenna Farm Records.
SHY CHILD - TRACK: THE VOLUME This song is another club-thumper, and if you turn it up like it suggests, you will go deaf from the volume. New York’s SHY CHILD quietly grabs your attention. Say Hey Records (US).
ALSO BUZZING: Cage The Elephant, Johnossi, The Avett Brothers, Ruth-Anne, Stab The Matador, Free Blood, Santogold, Kissy Sell Out, Maia Hirasawa, Black Before Red, The Runners, Shapes Have Fangs, The Black Spiders, Johnny Action Figure, Derek James, Little Red, Elizabeth & The Catapult, Look See Proof, Palladium, Miniature Tigers, David Caggiari, Some Body, The Enigma Project, Assembly Now, The Enemy, The Lines, The Sugars, Mink, Oh Julia!, Mr Fogg, Sicker Than Others, The Aviators, The Vasco Era, Paper Route, The Blacks, Meiko, Twin Thousands, The Valley Arena, Hello Wembley, Miracle Fortress, One Little Plane, The XYZ Affair.
EXCELLENT NEW RELEASES: THE AVETT BROTHERS – Emotionalism (Ramseur Records) BISHOP ALLEN – The Broken String (Dead Oceans) MAPS – We Can Create (Mute) NYLES LANNON – Pressure (Badman Recordings) THE LOVEMAKERS – Misery Loves Company (Fuzz) SHOUT OUT LOUDS – Tonight I Have To Leave It (Merge Records) TACKS, THE BOY DISASTER – Oh, Beatrice (Self released) JOHN VANDERSLICE – Emerald City (Barsuk)
FUTURE SOUNDS 30
SHOUT OUT LOUDS – TONIGHT I HAVE TO LEAVE IT We here at TF/FS couldn’t be prouder to have the honor to help one of our favorite bands and present their tour across the US & Canada in October/November. The song itself is CURE-tastic, and Stockholm’s SOL’s are back with an excellent release on the mighty Merge. Manager: Filip Wilen. Booking: Marty Diamond, Paradigm. Publisher: EMI Music Publishing. SHOUT OUT LOUDS – OUR ILL WILLS – MERGE RECORDS
JOHNOSSI – MAN MUST DANCE Supporting fellow Swedes SHOUT OUT LOUDS on this cross-country journey is an incredible dynamo of a two-piece, JOHNOSSI. They’ve been making plenty of fans in Europe on the V2 Records release, and finally we get it stateside. It’s amazing how much good noise two people can make. Manager: Bud Fox Management. Legal: Craig Averill. Needs: US booking, publishing. JOHNOSSI – JOHNOSSI – THE CONTROL GROUP
WHITE DENIM – MESS YOUR HAIR I’ve mentioned this band, WHITE DENIM on past FS comps, but this band from Austin, Texas has got to be the hottest unsigned band North of the Rio Grande. We’re talking bad and nationwide in a ZZ TOP kinda way. Play this one loud and put some gel in your hair. The band who’s shows are a ‘who’s who’ of Texas bands each time they play – raw power! Management: Scottie Diablo. US Booking: Paul Buck, Bigshot Touring. Needs: Legal. WHITE DENIM – DEMOS – UNSIGNED
BRAZOS – MRS VIRGINIA Back-to-back bands from Austin, Texas?? What is this? Lots of great acts are coming out of the capital city these days. Self-releasing ‘A City Just As Tall’ on Autobus Records on October 16th, it was actually tough to pick just one track to feature on Future Sounds from them. ‘Mrs. Virginia’ was crafted in an un-air-conditioned bedroom in the hot Austin summertime by Mr. Brazo, Martin Crane. Booking: Rosa Madriz, Green Potato. Needs: Management, Legal. BRAZOS - A CITY JUST AS TALL - UNSIGNED
CALVIN HARRIS – THE GIRLS From Dumfries, Scotland, yeah, I know, don’t know it either, comes CALVIN HARRIS, a guy that’s already gone Top 10 in the UK with this song, and linked up with the golden ears at Almost Gold for release of ‘I Created Disco’, which it feels like he may have had a hand in doing. Management: 365 Management. Booking: AM Only. Publishing: EMI Music Publishing. CALVIN HARRIS – I CREATED DISCO – ALMOST GOLD RECORDINGS
SUGAR & GOLD – NEIGHBORHOOD I mentioned SUGAR & GOLD on FS29, and got my hands on the track for this one for you to enjoy. San Francisco’s good time machine that makes me feel like I did at my old roller-skating parties at USA Roller Rink in middle school. Just finished a US tour with GRAVY TRAIN!!! If Calvin Harris created disco, Sugar & Gold created roller disco. Manager: Nicholas Dobbratz.Needs: Booking, legal. SUGAR & GOLD - CREME - ANTENNA FARM RECORDS
THE NOISES 10 – X’S ON YOUR EYES Charlotte, North Carolina’s THE NOISES 10 are no strangers to Future Sounds past, and this marks their third appearance with newly cut tracks like ‘X’s On Your Eyes’ and no less than two others ready to walk right onto radio instantly. They’ve been out in LA working with producer Eric Valentine of the full length and were recently voted ‘Best Overall Artist’ in the Carolinas at the 2007 Charlotte Music Awards. Manager: Andy Johnson. Legal: Elliot Groffman. Needs: Booking, Publishing. THE NOISES 10 – DEMOS – UNSIGNED
AUSHUA – SISTER SAVES Another Orange County, California band emerges and this time they’re called AUSHUA. Already getting mentions in the Buzz Bands column in the LA Times and all over the Socal blog scene, it’s really just a matter of this band getting on the road before everyone is talking about them. This one booms at you and I warn you will stick in your head after several plays to the point of obsession. Manager: Brett Williams, New Noise Mgmt. Legal: David Rappaport. Needs: Booking, Publishing. AUSHUA - DEMOS – UNSIGNED
THE BLACKS – ELEGANT WALK Dirty, twisted, and looking for good trouble are the bi-coastal act THE BLACKS (San Francisco and New York). Lots of travel, twice the rock! Another strong release by my new favorite SF indie label, Tricycle Records, this three-piece is starting to make trips outside the bay to places like NYC for shows and coming away with new fans. Needs: Management, booking, legal. THE BLACKS – NOM DE GUERRE – TRICYCLE RECORDS
NATHAN & STEPHEN – GOING HOME You think I tried to slip you another HOLD STEADY track, didn’t you? Might have a familiar tone, but this act is from Denver, Colorado instead of Brooklyn, it’s NATHAN & STEPHEN and they give us this super catchy song, complete with HERB ALPERT horns and a sing along to close out and make everyone feel good. The band features former members of FIVE IRON FRENZY and ROPER. Needs: Management, legal, booking, publishing. NATHAN & STEPHEN – EVERYONE EP – UNSIGNED
LYKKE LI – LITTLE BIT Ok, slowing it down for you on this one and getting a little sexy. Here’s LYKKE LI, who will complete her debut album recordings in New York during October/November with producer Bjorn Yttling of PETER, BJORN & JOHN, and will also work in some NYC shows while she’s there. She self-released this record at home in Sweden on LL Recordings, but this is wide open for the rest of the world as her lyrics suggest. Manager: Filip Wilen. Legal: Craig Averill. Needs: US booking, publishing. LYKKE LI – LITTLE BIT EP - UNSIGNED
SHANNON WRIGHT – EVERYBODY’S GOT THEIR OWN PART TO PLAY Atlanta-based artist, SHANNON WRIGHT, is another artist that has been around the block, has tasted the dirty parts of the music industry and still dusts herself off and makes incredible music. Formerly in the band, CROWSDELL, she’s recorded with Steve Albini, toured with CALEXICO and her latest release, Let In The Light, features this voice that’s long overdue for additional attention. SHANNON WRIGHT – LET IN THE LIGHT – QUARTERSTICK RECORDS
CASTLEDOOR – DOVE Los Angeles act, CASTLEDOOR, have industry eyes upon them and a stockpile of great tracks like ‘Dove’ in their kingdom. They are in the process of recording their debut full length with Aaron Espinoza (EARLIMART) this fall. A buzz band you’ll hear plenty about. Manager: Lisa Klipsic, Don’t Jump! Management. Needs: Booking, legal, publishing. CASTLEDOOR - FOLLOW THE DOVE EP - UNSIGNED
THE MINUTES - UKRAINE Dublin, Ireland’s THE MINUTES write the kind of power-pop hits that harkens back to CHEAP TRICK or more recently SNOW PATROL. The band rises from the ashes of former Future Sounds favorites, STARS OF THE CITY, and now handle their craft with a professionalism and dedication that most bands could learn from. They are about to hit the road with THE PIDGEON DETECTIVES in October and will be touring in the UK through Christmas. Management: Brian Bradely, Brassneck Management. Needs: Booking, legal, publishing. THE MINUTES – DEMOS - UNSIGNED
MAKE MODEL – THE L.S.B. Called Scotland’s BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, Glasgow’s MAKE MODEL’s ‘The L.S.B.’ shouts at you to get your attention and hits the mark. The six-piece has done a session on Steve Lamacq’s Radio 1 show & recently played the Levi’s ‘Ones To Watch’ tour. This release is on their own label, The Biz, but they’ve signed to EMI so expect the full hype job soon enough. Management: Angus Murray. UK Booking: Mike, ITB. Legal: N Stein, Clintons. Needs: US booking, publishing. MAKE MODEL – THE L.S.B./CZECH NECK – SINGLE – The Biz Records.
OTHER ARTISTS TO WATCH:
CHRISTOPHER DENNY – Track: Westbound Train If ROY ORBISON’s ghost would come back and embody 19 year old kid from Arkansas, this is what he’d sound like. True, genuine character and talent pours from CHRISTOPHER DENNY on his brilliant CD, Age Old Hunger on 2 Minutes 59 Seconds Records.
YEASAYER – Track: 2080 From their remarkable album ‘All Hour Cymbals’ on Monitor Records, one of the most refreshing and challenging CD’s that’s crossed my path in a TALKING HEADS sense, but not in sound. Totally original.
BLACK KIDS – Track: I’m Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How To Dance With You An indie band that sounds like the CURE from Jacksonville, Florida? You’d be correct, and here’s BLACK KIDS, a band making us feel better since THE CURE cancelled their US tour dates. For fans of THE GO! TEAM and ARCADE FIRE.
THE COURTEENERS – Track: Acrylic Manchester’s latest buzz act seem to be all over the NME and getting plenty of traction on the street level, looks like it may have legs to last. They just did UK dates with THE CORAL.
EAGLE SEAGULL – Track: You Can’t Call Yourself A Secret High energy at times, melodic and moody the next, Nebraska’s EAGLE SEAGULL give a complete flight on their ‘The Year Of The How-To Book’ release. Paper Garden Records.
REVEREND & THE MAKERS – Track: Heavy Weight Champion of the World The good Rev is making waves in the UK currently at radio with his ‘The State Of Things’ CD, tried like hell to get it on this compilation this month in time for release. Wall Of Sound Records (UK).
ALSO BUZZING: Lightspeed Champion, Plans To Leave, The Bangkok Five, Tweak Bird, Tinseltown, Waajeed, MC Rut, Wild Light, Sergeant, New Motels, edIT, The Reformation, Sneaky Sound System, Cajun Dance Party, Via Audio, Derby, Tigercity, Derek White & The Monophobics, Office, Eye Alaska, Frankmusik, Happy Hallows, Bobby Cook, Tar Volts, Alberta Cross, Care Bears On Fire.
FUTURE SOUNDS 31 1. THE HEAVY – COLEEN The Bath, England five-piece known as THE HEAVY throw their weight around within the funk revival genre, sounding like the son of CURTIS MAYFIELD and even calling their debut album, ‘Great Vengeance and Furious Five’, which is the first release ever for +1 Records. Now that’s funky. Mark your calendars for SXSW 2008 as a breakout opportunity stateside and a must see in Austin, and then brace yourself for the funk force. This band is BAADASSSS!!! Management/legal: James Mountain, Stealth Mgmt. Needs: Booking. THE HEAVY – THE HEAVY – +1 RECORDS/COUNTER RECORDS
2. THE POSTELLES – WHITE NIGHT New York City's THE POSTELLES are what you get when you mix FRANKI VALLI & THE FOUR SEASONS with THE STROKES. Their self-titled EP that is about to drop on Retone Records, is six of the most enjoyable and head-bobbin' tunes I've heard in some time. I got caught doing 'the jerk' in public with my headphones on with "White Night' playing walking in my neighborhood. Manager: Steven Melrose. Legal: Elliot Groffman. Needs: Booking. THE POSTELLES – THE POSTELLES EP – RETONE RECORDS
3. THOSE DANCING DAYS – THOSE DANCING DAYS The Swedes seem to be taking over Future Sounds. We just got out off the road with SHOUT OUT LOUDS, JOHNOSSI and LYKKI LI, and now I wish we could go on the road with Stockholm’s THOSE DANCING DAYS. Perhaps the feel good track of this compilation, dancing days are here again! Five ladies that obviously love Northern Soul music, they’d go nicely with AMY WINHOUSE and some old PHIL SPECTOR records. Management: Nick Levine. Needs: US booking THOSE DANCING DAYS – THOSE DANCING DAYS EP – V2 MUSIC SCANDINAVIA
4. IDA MARIA – OH MY GOD Ok, another talented band from Stockholm, Sweden, back-to-back? This one is IDA MARIA, and that’s her on guitar and vocals, but her band blisters enough for me to say OMG! LOL! Originally from the small town of Nesna, Norway, Ida collected these bandmates while moving to Sweden, and at only 23 years old, runs Nesna Records, their own label out of a small house. It’s like BJORK gone punk rock! She’s already gone out on the Levi’s One To Watch Tour and SXSW. Management: JP . Booking: Pure Talent Music (EU). Needs: US booking. IDA MARIA – DEMO – UNSIGNED
5.VENUS INFERS – LONDON’S RAINING I agree with you, that opening guitar riff makes you think I tried to sneak SURVIVOR’s ‘Eye Of The Tiger’ onto the disc, but instead the familiarity should only come as these former Future Sounders, VENUS INFERS, have been featured before on the comp (FS28). What’s new, besides a full-length that is getting play locally on Indie 103.1 FM, is a line-up change at the vocalist spot, and the arrival of Davis Fetter as a frontman to reckon with. The band is just out of high school and has nothing but ambition and potential ahead of them. Needs: Management, legal, booking. VENUS INFERS – VENUS INFERS (WHITE ALBUM) - UNSIGNED
6. CUT OFF YOUR HANDS – CLOSED EYES Auckland, New Zealand’s CUT OFF YOUR HANDS were tipped back on FS27, but have since recorded a full-length worthy of the world’s notice – ‘Blue On Blue EP’, which had four key tracks produced by SUEDE’s Bernard Butler. Recently signed to 679 Records in the UK, the kiwi four-piece have toured with the likes of BLOC PARTY, WE ARE SCIENTISTS, FOALS and RATATAT to name a few as well as appearing on Steve Lamacq’s BBC show. Live, heads up for them at SXSW 2008 as well as Big Day Out 2008. Manager: David Benge. Booking: Mahmood Saikh, Flower Booking. Legal: Craig Averill. Needs: US Publishing, US label. CUT OFF YOUR HANDS – BLUE ON BLUE EP – SPEAK N SPELL (AUSTRALIA)
7. MY BEST FIEND – DEAD MAN It’s early days on this brooding band from Brooklyn, NY, but it won’t be long before their tour history fills up quickly. The self-titled full-length debut dropped digitally on Itunes in December, and they look to announce West coast tour dates starting around the Noise Pop Festival in late February. The album is deep, fiendish and diverse, and will immediately become the best friend of fans of THE SILVERSUN PICKUPS, SPIRITUALIZED and AUTOLUX. Legal: Michael Pampalone. Needs: Booking, management MY BEST FIEND – MY BEST FIEND – UNSIGNED
8. WISELY – THROUGH ANY WINDOW Los Angeles’ WISELY has this familiar feeling to it, kind of like the band, AMERICA, and their big hit, “Ventura Highway”. If that doesn’t lift the skirt, anyone that can get Jenna Fisher (PAM) from the OFFICE to star in their video must be doing something right. Getting love at radio from KROQ, KCRW as well as Paste and Harp Magazines. A gorgeous song! Booking: Ella Records. Needs: Management WISELY – WISELY – OGLIO RECORDS
9. GRAND POCKET ORCHESTRA – LITTLE MESSY Dublin, Ireland’s GRAND POCKET ORCHESTRA are a four-piece that people are comparing to PAVEMENT and THE GO TEAM, but I think it’s more like MODEST MOUSE in the corner pocket. It doesn’t matter who the influences are, the result is a good times song like WHITE RABBITS ‘The Plot’. GPO was a big hit at this year’s Hard Working Class Heroes Festival in Dublin. Their debut EP release will be on February 1st as well touring in UK and Germany in early 2008. Manager: David Curran. Legal: Phil Hanna (Ire). Needs: Booking, publishing GRAND POCKET ORCHESTRA – EP - UNSIGNED
10. PLUSHGUN – JUST IMPOLITE Brooklyn’s PLUSHGUN is actually the name for the classically trained, 23 year old composer Dan Ingala, who sings as well as he writes. You immediately here some POSTAL SERVICE and maybe some HELLOGOODBYE in there, and if this isn’t ready for TV and ad placements then I’ve lost it entirely. Early days on his live show, but a lifetime of training can make up for lost time very quickly. The EP was politely done in Ingala’s bedroom. Legal: Eric Ingala. Needs: Management, booking. PLUSHGUN – PLUSHGUN EP – UNSIGNED
11. JUPITER ONE – UNGLUED Names after a starship in the ‘60’s TV series, Lost In Space, New York’s JUPITER ONE actually formed in 2003. A five-piece on Cordless Records, they feature lead vocalist K Ishibashi sounds like a modern day JACKSON BROWN one moment, while building on the groundwork that THE SHINS have built, there are moments when you’d swear James Mercer was singing the “wa-a-oh’s”. This song is featured in FIFA 2008, and the album was sequenced by the legendary Jac Holzman (ELEKTRA/THE DOORS). Management: Ryan Ruden, Aerial Entertainment. Legal: J. Reid Hunter. Publisher: Artwerk Music. Needs: Booking. JUPITER ONE – JUPITER ONE – RYKO/CORDLESS RECORDS
12. OSLO – THINGS FALL APART While we all wait for the next OASIS record to drop, filling the void nicely is a band that has members in Los Angeles and Oakland - OSLO. The four piece supported BLUE OCTOBER on their last Fall US tour, and come with support from The LA Times and Indie 103.1. This is their second release and they co-produced it with Ryan Hewitt (Red Hot Chili Peppers), Mickey P (Beck, Peaches) and Sam Fogarino (Drummer, Interpol). ‘The Rise & Fall of Love & Hate’ is in the Top 200 on CMJ Radio and added to over 100 college stations. Booking: Mob Agency. Publishing: Songs Music. Needs: Management OSLO – THE RISE & FALL OF LOVE & HATE – SIX FEET MUSIC GROUP
13. OLD MAN RIVER – LA Sydney, Australia’s OLD MAN RIVER is built around the koala-bear-haired Ohad Rein. His 60s influenced sound makes him seem familiar way that is comforting, and to make him even more warm and fuzzy, this song ‘La’, was written while in a workshop for disadvantaged children. He’s toured with THE SLEEPY JACKSON, YOUTH GROUP and DAMIEN RICE. ‘Good Morning’ is finally set to release out of Australia, in Germany, UK, France and Japan in early 2008. Manager: Troy Barrott. Booking: Harbour Agency (AU). Legal: Media Arts Lawyers. OLD MAN RIVER – GOOD MORNING – RED LABEL/ SONYBMG
14. IGLU & HARTLY – IN THIS CITY In this city, Los Angeles, locals IGLU & HARTLY don’t just play parties, they are the party. Backed by KROQ DJ Kat Corbett, her “new favorite band”, the band’s live shows are part indie rock, part hip hop, and not in that LINKIN PARK way either. You’ve probably seen them popping up on Myspace frequently, their friend count is a runaway train. Management: Red Ghost Music. Booking: Larry Webman, Paradigm. Legal: Jason Russell. IGLU & HARTLY - … AND THEN BOOM EP - UNSIGNED
15. GABRIEL RIOS – I’M GONNA DIE TONIGHT Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, GABRIEL RIOS followed his heart (a woman) over to Ghent, Belgium where he’s made his home. This former Border Breakers winner is like ‘Debra’-era BECK meets PRINCE. His first two albums have been collaborations with TECHNOTRONIC (yep, ‘Pump Up The Jam’) main man Jo Gogaert. Rios is full of talent and style. Management: Gentle Mgmt. Legal: Richard Grabel. Publishing: Megadisc. Needs: US booking. GABRIEL RIOS – ANGELHEAD – MEGADISC RECORDINGS (EU)
OTHER ARTISTS TO WATCH:
MEAGHAN SMITH – Track: I KNOW Ok, Starbucks, here’s the next NORAH JONES. With a voice from heaven, but actually from Nova Scotia, MEAGHAN SMITH is my pick for becoming a household name, dwarfing the potential of FEIST. From the album ‘Take Me Dancing’ this is like BILLIE HOLIDAY for ’08. Simply gorgeous – a star! UNSIGNED.
ALBERTA CROSS – Track: OLD MAN CHICAGO Possibly one of my favorite new bands, I can't even believe ALBERTA CROSS are from London, it feels like something in the Midwest, has touches of NEIL YOUNG, MY MORNING JACKET and early JAYHAWKS at times. Their full-length, "Thief & Heartbreaker" comes highly recommended. Fiction Records/Geffen.
THE FELICE BROTHERS – Track: FRANKIE’S GUN I love this band that just signed to Team Love, they have that barefoot and smelly DEXI’S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS vibe, and a sound like BOB DYLAN doing ‘Subterranean Homesick Blues’. Three brothers (Felice) and two other guys make up this throwback that’s like the New York version of THE POGUES.
TOKO-RI GET HIGH – Track: LOVING AND STEALING Anytime I hear of a band out of El Paso, Texas that is slightly left of center, I'm intrigued. A band that has spent it's nights in Juarez, Mexico at Fred's Rainbow Bar or The Alive brings with them a different perspective on the world - sort of like that film 'No Country For Old Men'. Part BEEFHEART, part VELVET UNDERGROUND, part TROGGS, but nothing like anyone else I've been listening to lately. UNSIGNED.
CATHY DAVEY – Track: REUBEN From Dublin, Ireland, CATHY DAVEY. WOW! A voice like an angel and some spunk and a sense of pure fun for a change. I was instantly taken by "Reuben", a song that can pick up your day if you can turn it up loud enough. Every track I’ve heard is brilliant. Full length, "Tales of the Silversee" is out in the Uk on Parlophone.
HERE HERE – Track: ALL HAIL YE FELLOW SLEEPWALKERS Already being dubbed the West coast ARCADE FIRE, San Francisco’s HERE HERE are a buzz band after only four shows, with help from Live 105 FM. Their 'Boy With An Orange EP' is gorgeous and has depth. I'll tell you right now, this is a band that many will be talking about in 2008. UNSIGNED.
SPIRAL BEACH – Track: VOODOO SPIRAL BEACH from Toronto are a band I've finally discovered, because their site says that they've been around since 2004, so I'm making up for lost time. This unconventional sounding act that is still in high school. Describing them isn't easy, it's strange, it's all over the place in the way of bands like THE UNICORNS or the THE SLITS. Sparks Music (Canada).
TEAM WATER POLO – Track: LETTING GO Was another tough final cut for the comp, do yourself a favor and download this song, ‘Letting Go’ if you can. Getting tons of buzz and attention in the UK at the moment, they won’t stay unnoticed everywhere much longer. So catchy after one play you’ll want more. UNSIGNED.
JOEY KENDALL – Track: HANDS AROUND MY THROAT Kendall is from Dallas, Texas and is also part of a collective known as MOUNT RIGHTEOUS, but this month I’m focusing on his solo material, which is impressive and deep. This song, had it been mastered, would’ve appeared on FS31. Hilarious - like a funny DECEMBERISTS. UNSIGNED.
FADED PAPER FIGURES – Track: BEING THERE Another track that nearly made FS31, this band from Irvine, California gets my vote for the DEATH CAB FOR CUTIE award. Gorgeous vocals, perfect indie rock. For fans of PINBACK, POSTAL SERVICE and TAHITI 80. UNSIGNED.
THE GHEARS – Track: 4 MINUTE MILE In the old days of Future Sounds, I went 20 songs deep, and this song would be on FS31 if that we’re the case. Former DISRAELI GEARS members (and brother of IAN ARCHER), now living in London via Glasgow, they band has released this EP on JL Records. Big sounds!
ALSO BUZZING: Fantastic Magic, Duffy, Mount Righteous, Villains, Late Of The Pier, The Red Romance, Television Room, The Hermit, Health, Le Switch, Johnny Foreigner, Okay Paddy, Adele, Muscles, Back Door Slam, Romantica, Kari King, Flight 409, Paloma Faith, Magic Mirror, Willoughby, Miranda Lee Richards, The Operation, Frankel, Kissing Tigers, Mercy Mercedes, Dead Confederate, Girl In A Coma, Cavil At Rest, Karin Tatoya, The Airborne Toxic Event, Le Loup.
FUTURE SOUNDS 32
1. LEMON SUN – WANNA HAVE YOU Coming out growling like THE STONES’ “Bitch”, Los Angeles’ LEMON SUN have just completed a full-length with Dave Schiffman that’s a thrilling ride. A five-piece with dueling guitars and a classic frontman, a la Mick/Robert/Roger. Management: Larry Little. Legal: Michelle Jubelirer. NEEDS: Booking. LEMON SUN – NEW ALBUM TBD – UNSIGNED
2. THE ETTES – CROWN OF AGE Los Angeles’ THE ETTES went from unsigned to snapped up since arrival of this amazing CD by Take Root Records, with the North American CD release date on September 9th. Recorded at the famed Toerag Studios, ‘Look At Life Again’ will appeal to any fan of THE KILLS or THE DUKE SPIRIT. Management: John O’Malley. NEEDS: Booking. Legal. THE ETTES – LOOK AT LIFE AGAIN SOON – TAKE ROOT RECORDS
3. MAGIC WANDS – BLACK MAGIC The Nashville duo, MAGIC WANDS, are still performing tricks to gain attention in the homeland, but the Brits are already taken by their strange magic. Booked for Glastonbury and Wireless Festivals, this track’s appeal doesn’t take a crystal ball to figure out. Management: Simon Bobbett. Booking: Russell Warby/Dave Kaplan. ASCAP. MAGIC WANDS – DEMOS – UNSIGNED
4. CREATURE – BRIGITTE BARDOT Mere teenagers from Canada, CREATURE scared up plenty of attention at SXSW and are at work building a monster. ‘Brigitte Bardot’ goes from TOM TOM CLUB to NEW YOUNG PONY CLUB to flashes of SLY & THE FAMILY STONE. A party track with more curves than Brigitte Bardot. Management: Gourmet Délice, Bonsound. NEEDS: CREATURE – DEMOS – UNSIGNED
5. THE BLOOMS – WHITE WALLS Some of the most exciting new music springs up from the strangest places, case in point with THE BLOOMS from Tulsa, Oklahoma. You’d swear they channel directly from Freddie and Brian with this QUEEN-tastic track. Legal: Dave & Steve Bird. BMI. NEEDS: Management, booking. THE BLOOMS – DEMOS – UNSIGNED
6. CHRISTOPHER DENNY – TIME Step back into time, our music icons all possessed undeniable talent, whether it was Ray Charles or Johnny Cash. No hiding behind fashion or pro tools. CHRISTOPHER DENNY and his band, the OLD SOLES, are as Arkansas as Arkansas can be & Denny contains a voice that comes along once in 30 years, and could be the long-lost love child of Patsy Cline & Roy Orbison. Booking: Jonathan Adelman, Paradigm. Legal: Reed Hunter. CHRISTOPHER DENNY & THE OLD SOLES – AGE OLD HUNGER – 2:59 RECORDS
7. MY PET SADDLE – IL FAIT BEAU Sounding like DYLAN’s ‘Subterranean Homesick Blues’ era, Fullerton, California’s MY PET SADDLE provide us with a full-on jamboree in ‘Ill Fait Beau’. Live they are reckless drivers, swerving and falling all over the place in true bohemian glory, minus the patchouli but plenty of funk. NEEDS: Management, legal, booking. No PRO. MY PET SADDLE – EP – UNSIGNED
8. PORT O’BRIEN – I WOKE UP TODAY Oakland’s PORT O’BRIEN maybe sitting by the dock in the Bay area, but their ship has already launched in the UK/Europe (City Slang) and in Australia/NZ (Dew Process). They’ve toured with Modest Mouse, Bright Eyes, Rogue Wave, and Nada Surf, and need a deal at home. They have the fire and conviction of THE ARCADE FIRE, and are confirmed for the Monolith Festival. Manager: Chrisian Stavros/Bryna Gootkind. Booking: Jackie Nalpant, Paradigm. Rob Challice, CODA, UK. Legal: Brian McPhereson. BMI PORT O’BRIEN – ALL WE COULD DO WAS SING – UNSIGNED IN US
9. THE YELLING – BLOOD ON THE STEPS Turn this one up to piss off your parents. Los Angeles act, THE YELLING are new on the scene but quickly getting interest. The banshee like vocals from Nathanal Cox recall ROBERT PLANT, and the guitar work of Robert Davis is one stop off from commanding. This band screams ENORMOUS potential. Manager: Mike Soens. NEEDS: Booking. THE YELLING – DEMOS – UNSIGNED
10. THE MUSLIMS – BRIGHT SIDE San Diego’s THE MUSLIMS bring that kind of garage rock sound that we generally reserve for THE STROKES to the party. Every track on this self-released disc could’ve been selected to make the playlist this month, and this one should bare warning that another Casablancas sounding frontman could have a hit with a song about a “Brightside”. NEEDS: FOLLOW UP WITH BAND FOR DETAILS THE MUSLIMS – THE MUSLIMS – UNSIGNED
11. THE MORNING BENDERS – WAITING FOR A WAR They say nice guys finish last, but the exception comes from Oakland’s THE MORNING BENDERS are off to a quick and fortunate start, doing the full NA tour with THE KOOKS and signing to +1 Music. Compared often to THE SHINS and THE LITTLE ONES, live it’s all about the charm of frontman Chris Chu. Management: Johnny Kaps/Simon Bentley. Booking: Heather Kolker, Paradigm. THE MORNING BENDERS – TALKING THROUGH A TIN CAN - +1 MUSIC
12. THE BOTTICELLIS – THE REVIEWER THE BOTTICELLIS are the surf/pop wing of the SEA IN THE SAND collective, which also includes the Raga-Psych project Cotillion and folk duo Kuma/Koshka. One part San Francisco hippie, one part pure power pop, fans of BIG STAR should review the debut LP, Old Home Movies. Highly recommended. Booking: Chris Faville, Mongrel. Legal: Paul Sommerstein. SEASAC. NEEDS: Management. THE BOTTICELLIS – OLD HOME MOVIES – ANTENNA FARM RECORDS
13. THE ROSEWOOD THIEVES – SILVER GUN New York’s THE ROSEWOOD THIEVES made their first strike on TVT Records, but now have dusted off and moved on without a label with a string of new songs that will steal your hearts. ‘Silver Gun’ has a JOHN LENNON familiarity to it and they back it up with a captivating live show worth catching. Legal: Ted Harris. BMI. NEEDS: Booking, management THE ROSEWOOD THIEVES – NEW SONGS – UNSIGNED
14. THE MUMLERS – SHAKE THAT MEDICATION Nope, this track isn’t a JIMMY SMITH track or from 1964, it’s live and alive in 2008 by a 19-year-old white kid from San Jose named Will Sprout. Part New Orleans groove, part STAX, THE MUMLERS blend BOOKER T with LITTLE BARRIE. Again, great music bubbles up from unique places. Legal: A-Train Entertainment. BMI. NEEDS: Booking, management. THE MUMLERS – THICKETS & STICHES – GALAXIA RECORDS
15. SOCIETY OF ROCKETS – TIME SOCIETY OF ROCKETS, the San Francisco psychedelic band closes out the disc with a page out of the AL GREEN’s songbook with ‘Time’. Releasing “Out Paths Related” on vinyl on their own vanity label, the album includes everything from way-out guitars to groovy horns. This track was made for a sunny Sunday afternoon, a Frisbee and some BBQ. ASCAP. NEEDS: Management, booking. SOCIETY OF ROCKETS – OUR PATHS RELATED – UNDERPOP RECORDS.
THE MOST GORGEOUS SONG OF THE YEAR: FLEET FOXES – OLIVER JAMES
OTHER ARTISTS TO WATCH:
BLONDE ACID CULT – Track: KICK THE FUNK The cult started in New York City that have taken the Manchester-STONE ROSES and made it their own “Madhatten” sound. One of the strongest demo cd’s I’ve been sent in some time, I’m drinking the cool-aide. Unsigned
GERONIMO – Track: JUST LIKE WATER Indie rock this good from Saskatchewan, Canada? Since discovering them at SXSW, this one’s been in constant rotation. Unsigned
ELECTRIC TOUCH – Track: DON’T BE AFRAID Young band from Austin, Texas wrangles up a singer from the UK and sounds like THE LIBERTINES with hits. Coachella, Bonnaroo and Lollapalooza. Justice Records
MONTE NEGRO – Track: ME DEUELE NO ESTAR JUNTO A TI Los Angeles via Mexico, seeing them was like witnessing a band in Felini's 'La Dolce Vita', or the international-ness of Duran Duran's 'Rio'. Epic Records
BIRDS & BATTERIES – Track: AFTER THE FLOOD A five piece that reminds me of classic THE BAND. This is an album so gorgeous I find myself playing it over and over again because it lulls you into magic. Unsigned
GRAVEYARD – Track: LOST IN CONFUSION Sweden's WOLFMOTHER, just close your eyes and it's ZEPPELIN - a voice from another time. TeePee Records
THE GRIZZLY OWLS – Track: WHAT’S A GIRL TO DO? From Bakersfield, CA, THE GRIZZLY OWLS are the husband and wife team of Jenny and Joseph Andreotti that have self-released the disc, 'By Night On My Bed' that is a pure delight. Unsigned
HONEY CLAWS – Track: SHOUT OUT This collective from Austin, Texas take the hipster-hop of COOL KIDS and drop 808-style bombs. One moment indie, the next electronic rock, but hip hop through and through. Unsigned
ALSO BUZZING: Flash Lightnin’, White Lies, Girls, The Hands, Abigail Warchild, Fake Shark – Real Zombie, Amazing Baby, The Brute Chorus, Chairlift, Dukes of Daville, He Say, She Say, Heartsrevolution, Erin McCarley, Let’s Go To War, Mostly Bears, Chikita Violenta, Florence & The Machine, The Ironweed Project, Rebekah Higgs, Django James & The Midnight Squires, Duchess of York, Civil Twilight, Cory Chisel & The Wandering Sons, Grand Archives, Red Wire Black Wire, Born In The Flood, Friska Viljor, The Airlines, Crayonsmith, The Frontier Brothers, Wallpaper, Sebastian Grainger & The Mountains, Social Studies, Snake & Jet’s Amazing Bullit Band, Wintersleep, Pistol Pistol, Dignan, Princeton, Hockey, The Pity Party, Gringo Star, The King Left, Titus Andronicus.
FUTURE SOUNDS 33
1. FITZ & THE TANTRUMS – Breakin’ The Chains Of Love Los Angeles based FITZ & THE TANTRUMS take a classic Northern Soul sound and infuse some 2009 for a cocktail of old fashioned songwriting and beats. Already picked up by DJ/tastemaker Mark Ronson and RCRDLBL.com, this new school “wrecking crew” sound like they could slide right into the Phil Spector camp. White-boy soul never sounded so good or so contemporary and relevant. Management: Future Sounds. Legal: Gary Mandel/Gillian Bar. Needs: US/UK booking. Fitz & The Tantrums – Songs For A Break-Up Vol. 1 EP – Unsigned
2. THE NIGHTS – Lonely Soul “Lonely Soul” is one of those tracks that feels familiar, even after the first listen. This Los Angeles based act is relatively new to the scene and have started to raise their profile locally while at the same time delivering a couple of demo recordings worthy of major attention. Their self-titled EP will be done by the end of June. Needs: Management, legal, booking The Nights – Demos – Unsigned
3. LILOFEE – Lock & Key San Francisco four-piece, LILOFEE, get their name from a German fairytale and inspiration from frontwoman Kimi Recor’s wild imagination and even wilder stage presence. If Ladytron and The Knife got together and added a dash of Interpol you might get close to the dark force that is LILOFEE. “Lock & Key” should be this year’s Ting-Tings/Santogold crowd favorite. Management: Future Sounds. Needs: Legal, US/UK booking. Lilofee – The Only Years – Unsigned
4. LOCAL NATIVES – Airplanes LA is pumping out the new artists of late, and this five-piece has people chasing. LOCAL NATIVES produce music that with layers and grassroots thrills. Harmonies, three-part in fact, upon harmonies are what make this band tick, much like those Fleet Foxes. Formerly CAVIL AT REST, now they are locals making lots of buzz. UK tour in July coming up. Management: Phil Costello. Legal: Richard Grabel. Booking: Jackie Nalpant US/ David Exley UK. Local Natives – Gorilla Manor – Unsigned
5. MUMFORD & SONS – White Blank Page London’s MUMFORD & SONS have turned in this year’s most beautiful song, with “White Blank Page.” Big words? Perhaps, but listen and get ready for your lady to put her head on your shoulder. Ready to rival Bon Iver in 2009 for the tender, Americana thrown. Management: Laura Taylor Booking: Lucy Dickins/Adam Voith Mumford & Sons – Mumford & Sons EP – Chess Club Records
6. DJANGO JAMES & THE MIDNIGHT SQUIRES – Giving Tree Fronted by 18 year-old Django James (Stewart), this LA based five-piece mixes Bowie and T Rex, while remaining unique enough to sound like no one else around these days. Live, this band is hell on wheels. Their first UK single drops in July on Once Upon A Time Records. Management: Future Sounds. Legal: Danny Passman. Needs: Booking Django James & The Midnight Squires – Demos – Unsigned
7. THE BROTHERS MOVEMENT – Sister Dublin’s THE BROTHERS MOVEMENT have finished a record that sounds like what the new Verve record should’ve sounded like. Beyond just Ashcroft references, you get the best of early Oasis and touches of The Jesus & Mary Chain and Spaceman 3. Yeah, I just referenced all those bands, big words indeed, and this record has the songs to back it up. The band previously known as MAINLINE are now a five piece built around the Paxton brothers. Management: Future Sounds. Legal: Kieren Jay. Booking: Steve Zapp, ITB. Needs: US booking. The Brothers Movement – The Brothers Movement – Rocket Girl Records (UK)
8. ALL WRONG AND THE PLANS CHANGE – I Get Down Los Angeles-based ladies, Kassia Conway and Amy Wood have the voices of angels and have built a band around the love of Belly and Pavement. Track “I Get Down” is a hit within the first 20 seconds, the kind of song that moved the needle back when terrestrial radio still mattered. Some music supervisor somewhere is going to have a big year with this album. Management: Future Sounds. Needs: US booking, legal. All Wrong And The Plans Change – I’m Like Whatever – Unsigned
9. CASXIO – Seventeen “I’m only 17 but my love is for real,” says CASXIO, yet another LA act that made an impact at SXSW and is now headlining clubs locally. Think a white Prince and you’re getting close in description. Their live act should go over big anywhere that is looking for a party. This four-piece, built around the spunk of vocalist Lucas Guerin, call their music “religious funk.” Management: Mike Merriman. Legal: Jordan Brokley. Needs: US/UK booking Casxio – Demos – Unsigned
10. RUBBER KISS GOODBYE – We See Lights We were intrigued by this trio from London called RUBBER KISS GOODBYE and the pedigree they posses. Interesting back-story here – the members include Bryan Ferry of Roxy Music’s kid, plus the guitarist from Ferry's band, and the former bass player for Babyshambles. It all adds up to a modern day glam rock wet kiss. Management: Jeff Wooding. Legal: Jeff Levin. Needs: US/UK booking. Rubber Kiss Goodbye – Demos – Unsigned
11. LOVELIKEFIRE – William San Francisco’s LOVELIKEFIRE is a repeat offender to the Future Sounds compilation series, having first appeared on the FS26 CD years back. This time they’ve stepped out with a UK label and an album full of singles. Frontwoman Ann Yu has stepped into the spotlight and is quickly becoming a star in the making. Management: Future Sounds. UK Booking: Ed Stringfellow Legal: Dave Kostiner Needs: US booking. LoveLikeFire – Tear Ourselves Away - Heist Or Hit Records UK
12. AVI BUFFALO – What’s In It For? The teenage AVI BUFFALO from Long Beach, California is a virtuoso guitar player, a la Nels Kline, who’s still in high school, as is his band. They started writing and recording at age 10 and are now only 17. I was trying to get my learner’s permit to drive when I was that age, not writing music so gentle and advanced. A recent LA residency at The Echo has spurred label and booking interest from some indie luminaries. Could be next year’s Shins. Needs: Management, booking, legal. Avi Buffalo – Settled Tigertail EP – Unsigned
13. LEE MEMORIAL – Long Days In Bed Melbourne, Australia’s LEE MEMORIAL released their full-length in Australia in March 2009 but we just woke up on this sleeper, “Long Days In Bed.” Containing former members of Sleater-Kinney and Sodastream, these veterans knocked out eleven songs in four days. Heading to Europe later this year. Manager: Karl Smith. Publishing: Mushroom Music/Admin Chrysalis Music (ASCAP). Needs: US Booking, US/EU label Lee Memorial – The Lives Of Lee Memorial – Dot Dash Records (AU)
14. GRAN RONDE – On Our Own Future Sounds decided to not leave Los Angeles’ GRAN RONDE on their own with their latest release of music, “Secret Rooms” that dropped on June 15th. Early on they’ve been spending time developing the UK, having finished a headlining tour and headed back. Needs: Management, US booking. Gran Ronde – Secret Rooms – Friends vs. Records
15. VERTIGO SMYTH – Comfort Me VERTIGO SMYTH’s hummable “Comfort Me” is an instant classic. From the lovely Galway, Ireland, this singer-songwriter cites Rufus Wainwright and Elliott Smith as influences, but seems to take their creative lead and manage to stay very pop-centric in his approach. Needs: Management, Legal, Booking. Vertigo Smyth – EP No. 1 – Unsigned
OTHER ARTISTS TO WATCH:
BAND OF SKULLS – Track: Hollywood Bowl We picked “the hit,” but we may be bold enough to call this trio’s full-length “Baby Darling Doll Face Honey” our album of 2009 thus far. They could be the new White Stripes. Shangri-La Records
DIANE BIRCH – Track: Nothing But A Miracle It's as if Carole King’s “Tapestry" record had a baby and out popped DIANE BIRCH. This one could be a breakout in a time when no one is breaking out. S-Curve Records
THE LIMOUSINES – Track: Very Busy People We tried to land them for FS33 but they just signed with Universal Republic so congrats for jumping the line. San Francisco based duo writing perfect indie rock songs.
EDWARD SHARPE & THE MAGNETIC ZEROS – Track: Home The LA based collective sometimes contains as many as 15 members and recalls the ethos of Ken Kesey & The Merry Pranksters circa 1964, complete with a Partridge Family school bus. A phenomenon.
THE ANSWERING MACHINE – Track: Emergency This Manchester UK act’s “Another City, Another Sorry” CD is nearly perfect and contains at least six singles. Picking one was like shooting a family member – which one goes? Heist Or Hit Records UK
SHILPA RAY & HER HAPPY HOOKERS – Track: Filthy & Free Our favorite live act at SXSW, SHIPLA could be the second coming of Janis Joplin or Rosemary Clooney. This is dirty, sexy time music.
GENERATIONALS – Track: When They Fight, They Fight New Orleans based white kids playing ‘60’s Motown inspired indie rock. Barry Gordy would be proud. Park The Van Records
ALSO BUZZING: Crocodiles, The Magic Kids, Favours For Sailors, The Love Language, Solid Gold, The Low Anthem, New Villager, Violent Soho, Lissy Trullie, Zeus, The Intelligence, Pow Wow!, Wet Paint, Class Actress, Lights On, Deastro, Neon Indian, Still Flyin, French Horn Rebellion, Minnaars, French Miami, Surf City, Dark Meat, The Antlers, Baddies, Casper Bangs, Clare Maguire, I Blame Coco, The Old Romantic Killer Band, The Sound Of Arrows, Theophilus London, Apes Of Wrath, City Light, Dutch Uncles, Other Girls.