Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

LAST NIGHT'S MY BLOODY VALENTINE SHOW IN SAN FRANCISCO

Finally seeing MY BLOODY VALENTINE play last night in San Francisco after worshiping a band and their catalog for so many years was inspirational. Although the venue, The Concourse, left much to be desired and felt like we were in a big, long barn, it couldn't hide the {{{SOUND}}} of MBV. Earplugs were simply there so that you're ears didn't just bleed in what was hands down the loudest concert I've ever been to. A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS, as loud as they are, aren't even on the same plane of noise. When I left last night I felt like I had been spanked, HARD, and that the sound was still in my bones. What I love about bands like MBV, bands that made a real impact on music, but perhaps not a commercial impact, is that it proves that people will come out and support great music, even if songs don't have traditional chorus' to sing along to, that a vibe band such as MBV can still affect so many people in such a powerful way.

Labels: