Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Thursday, July 03, 2008

LAST NIGHT THE MUSLIMS KILLED IT!

Sometimes I get nervous when I fall for a band from another town that I haven't seen live, but over time I build them up in my mind pretty large and many times, my expectations come crashing down. Last night was the ideal scenario, you wait for a band to play your town, they come, they own it.

THE MUSLIMS
, a band I just found out has moved from it's native San Diego to Los Angeles, absolutely destroyed their set last night. Live, it's like WHITE DENIM but mixed with some JONATHAN RICHMOND & THE MODERN LOVERS or some highlights out of the NUGGETS box set. When they get their machine cranking, it makes some noise. They've just returned from 10 shows in New York and did a two night stand with Pittsburgh's MODEY LEMON. We've got a track from them coming out on FUTURE SOUNDS 32.

Download "Future Rock" here (Mp3 courtesy of Galaxy FM)
Photo courtesy of Nassir Nassirzadeh


Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sound awesome!

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment