Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Monday, November 26, 2007

NEW SOUNDS: TOKO-RI GET HIGH

Anytime I hear of a band out of El Paso, Texas that is slightly left of center, I'm intrigued (AT THE DRIVE IN). A band that has spent it's nights in Juarez, Mexico at Fred's Rainbow Bar or The Alive brings with them a different perspective on the world - sort of like that flick 'No Country For Old Men'. Thanks to my buddies at HOT FREAKS, I was tipped off to a freak of nature that is TOKO-RI GET HIGH.

Part BEEFHEART, part VELVET UNDERGROUND, part TROGGS, but nothing like anyone else I've been listening to, TOKO-RI GET HIGH bubble up from some place else, much like THE FLAMING LIPS did when they came onto the scene, primarily because they aren't from a "scene". Dub ('Pacman Dub') and psychedelic adventures ('Where Do They Go') make the few songs posted on their Myspace page something I can't stop playing. I MUST get these guys to play our party at SXSW this year!

TOKO-RI GET HIGH
MYSPACE

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment