Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Thursday, March 22, 2007

WILCO'S 'SKY BLUE SKY' IS SIMPLY GORGEOUS!


I actually rarely look forward to new releases anymore, finding the thrill coming from the unknowns mostly, but WILCO is a band that seems to always bring it. I'm listening to the new record this morning and smiling and am reminded that there are truly great bands out there in our times. 'Sky Blue Sky' is delicate, lush, and has some amazing guitar grooves that are so tastefully done that young bands should listen and take notes from. You can try and have a country tinge and be retro, which so many bands seem to be doing, and then you can just write classic, timeless music, which Tweedy and Co. have done, AGAIN.

"Either Way" kicks it off making me feel the way I do every time I hear "Melissa" by the ALLMAN BROTHERS. I can also tell this is the kind of record (an actual record, not just one or two good songs- imagine that) that is typical Wilco, where it gets better with every listen and continues to open up.

So the record drops on May 15 on Nonesuch Records.

Tracklisting:
  1. Either Way
  2. You Are My Face
  3. Impossible Germany
  4. Sky Blue Sky
  5. Side with the Seeds
  6. Shake it Off
  7. Please Be Patient With Me
  8. Hate it Here
  9. Leave Me (Like You Found Me)
  10. Walken
  11. What Light
  12. On and On and On

0 Comments:

Post a Comment