Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

TONIGHT IN SAN FRANCISCO: LA ROCCA



Bay Area people, what are you doing tonight? Here's a FREE show that you shouldn't miss: LA ROCCA + THE STANDARD + POOR BAILEY @ MEZZANINE.

The other day I went off on that gem of an LA label, DANGERBIRD RECORDS, and one of the bands that they should be glowing about is the Irish band, LA ROCCA. I've included one of their songs "This Life" on FUTURE SOUNDS 17, but at the end of last week I received the full length and think this could be a band that is special. This collaboration with bad-ass producer Tony Hoffer is balanced and deep and filled with actual songwriting. I have yet to see them live, so get down there and scout it out for me. Singer Bjorn Baillie may become that songwriter that sticks around for years.

I don't know these other two bands, THE STANDARD & POOR BAILEY, but Travis up there at MEZZANINE has great ears and tries to give back to the music scene with free shows like this often. I know The Standard are from Portland and that Poor Bailey are from SF and won the Live 105 Not So Silent Night Contest for local bands.

DETAILS:
TONIGHT MARCH 7
9PM DOORS
THE STANDARD
LA ROCCA
POOR BAILEY

MEZZANINE is at 444 Jessie Street @ Mint

LA ROCCA - http://www.larocca.ie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment