Home Compilations Events Contact Us

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

NEW SOUNDS: WHITE DENIM

I warned you I got some blistering music last night, and I can't resist writing about WHITE DENIM from Austin, Texas. With influences like THE 13TH FLOOR ELEVATORS and the BUTTHOLE SURFERS, they fall into their own unique category, much like how CAPTAIN BEEFHEART doesn't really fit any genre. Track "Mess Your Hair" (mp3) is my favorite, but "Let's Talk About It" also kills me. There is some real fury behind this music. They've just played a number of dates with TOKYO POLICE CLUB in Texas, and they are an Austin favorite. The tale is even more interesting, the tracks I was handed were all done in this airstream trailer outside of Austin in the sticks.
After listening to the 8 songs on the disc, I'm convinced you'll be hearing a lot out of this band very soon. Here's a show review from last night:
"I'm pretty upset because I missed most of White Denim last night. By the time I actually made it inside they were just finishing up their set. I was able to catch a few songs waiting in line, but watching a White Denim show is just as important as listening to one. I've said this before, but I really believe White Denim are on the verge of being the next big thing to come out of Austin. Both Ra Ra Riot and Tokyo Police club are fans."

GORILLA VS BEAR has some great pictures up today > Here.

WHITE DENIM
WEB SITE
MYSPACE

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you :) you should look at that emo boy style at this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are you? your website is nice
Have a look at that crazy emo video:
http://tinyurl.com/7wmqct

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment